The Savage Fight Against Censorship

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The United Kingdom has a list of persons not welcomed , most are known terrorists. For some unknown reason a US citizen's name was added to that list. The minister who made up that list has since been forced out of office, but the posted names remain.
There is a petition to the US Congress to help remove that US citizen's name.

10,000+ have signed this on the very first day

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Michael Savage is an idiot and deserves to be prohibited from entering ANY country that believes that his BILE and VITRIOL is harmful.

Savage is a right wing nut who sez the most hateful things on the air that could possibly be said. He appeals to those with "closet" racism and hatred.

As with people like Rush Limbaugh, and more recently, Sean Hannity, Savage sez whatever hits the hot button of those who hate is deep seeded.

That is the easiest way to maintain this type of listener.

In our country, we allow a P.O.S. like this to have a voice. In the UK, they believe that this type of person who preaches hate speech is the same as a terrorist.

In the UK, his type of hate is unwelcomed.

I applaud his making the list and never fear that I will make that list and any suggestion to other americans that they may make the list is nonsense.

Savage (Michael Alan Weiner)- jewish- began his career as a pot smoking liberal, he ditched the Vietnam draft by being in the South Pacific during the period where he would have otherwise been drafted.

He is the typical right wing kook, ditch military service yet talk about our military as if he would have served, just as Rush Limbaugh got out of service by claiming he had a boil on his "can".

Savage deserves the "shunning" from countries who dont believe his politics or views on current world issues.

Savage sez horrible things on the air. Too many to list, but there are some that stand out.

note:
March 2006, Savage drew the fire of the Roman Catholic community when he accused the Roman Catholic Church of breaking federal law by giving assistance to undocumented immigrants (in response to statements by Roger Cardinal Mahony of Los Angeles calling it "pastoral support").[57] William A. Donohue, the president of the Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights, was scheduled to be on the show that day but refused after he became upset upon hearing Savage's language. Later he responded by saying "what is not fine is Savage's diatribe about the 'greedy pigs' in the Catholic Church and how 'the institution is rotten from the top to the bottom.' He owes all Catholics an apology."[58]
On March 28, 2006, Savage encouraged his listeners to burn Mexican flags to counter a pro-illegal immigration group that had burned American flags.[59]
On his July 5, 2007 radio broadcast, commenting on students who were fasting in protest of Congress' failure to pass immigration reform legislation, Savage declared, "I would say, let them fast until they starve to death; then that solves the problem." In August 2007, the San Francisco Board of Supervisors — which had previously commended the student protest — took up a resolution that "condemns the defamatory language used by radio personality Michael Savage against the immigrant community", claiming that Savage had "urged the death of those students." The resolution included a "whereas" clause that made note of a community-organized vigil to take place outside the offices of the KNEW radio station on August 15, calling for the "termination" of the The Savage Nation radio program.[60][dead link]The city attorney stated that although the resolution did condemn Savage, it did not violate any of his constitutional rights. The resolution was approved by the board on a near-unanimous vote on August 14, 2007.

In the matter of Elizabeth Smart, he said on the air:
On the March 18, 2003, Savage called Elizabeth Smart "Snow White." He then went on to say that if he were writing a newspaper article about what had happened to Elizabeth Smart that the headline would be, "Snow White Gets Raped By Bum In White Robes." He then said that if he were going to write a book about what happened to Elizabeth Smart that the title would be, "LIZZIE DOES UTAH."[52]

Savage appeals to those who secretly feel this is a "white society" and it will return to a "white only", "english only" society some day.

He gets what he deserves.

:peaceful:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
So the "Vile and Vitriole" along with your name calling on this site is alright? You are a funny guy.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
So you are all for censorship.
Because that is what is at stake here.
Either we stand together against it or we all will be victims of it.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
So you are all for censorship.
Because that is what is at stake here.
Either we stand together against it or we all will be victims of it.

Can't stand Savage . total absolute jerk.
However, I agree, this administration seems intent on limiting free speech of the press. No one has to like what he or others are saying but they have the right to say it.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Can't stand Savage . total absolute jerk.
However, I agree, this administration seems intent on limiting free speech of the press. No one has to like what he or others are saying but they have the right to say it.

Unfortunately, Hoax, the first amendment doesnt apply to the UK, as pointed out by the homeland security official in the Uk who made the call to uphold the banning of that dirtbag savage.

Here, he can preach to BABA all day long and maintain a deathgrip on his ears, thats protected speech, but in the UK, there are thousands of muslims who would probably like to harm savage for his calling for the deaths of all muslims around the world.

Better for savage to remain where he can be welcomed with open arms by the fringe who like to listen to his nonsense.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
this petition is for our Congress , not the UK's.
All it is asking is that they request that his name be dropped from that list.
And he is also suing in their courts, funny it would be if he won.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
this petition is for our Congress , not the UK's.
All it is asking is that they request that his name be dropped from that list.
And he is also suing in their courts, funny it would be if he won.

Even more funny that he HAS TOO!

The Joke is still on him and those that believe in his useless diatribe.

wkmac

Watch Blazing Saddles on TV, it's already happened. That movie was about destroying stereotypes with humor, making us laugh at ourselves and in so doing making us see the sillyness to our childish prejudices and mindless bigotry towards each other as well as our myth making to make ourselves as groups more special than we really are. Sad that we've become so weak to be able to handle the truth and IMO applies all across society as a whole. Blazing Saddles is a great body of work and it's ability to bite where it's needed has been defanged!

moreluck

golden ticket member
I also never see the "Baby Ruth" scene in Caddyshack anymore unless it's on a cable station like HBO (which I don't get)

wkmac

Good ole' Mark Twain

The new political gospel: public office is private graft.

In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination, from authorities who have not themselves examined the questions at issue but have taken them at second-hand from other non-examiners, whose opinions about them were not worth a brass farthing.

...one of the first achievements of the legislature was to institute a ten-thousand-dollar agricultural fair to show off forty dollars' worth of pumpkins in -- however, the Territorial legislature was usually spoken of as the "asylum".

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

When politics enter into municipal government, nothing resulting therefrom in the way of crimes and infamies is then incredible. It actually enables one to accept and believe the impossible...

To lodge all power in one party and keep it there is to insure bad government and the sure and gradual deterioration of the public morals.
Wonder what he'd say of our single DemoPublican party toay?

All large political doctrines are rich in difficult problems -- problems that are quite above the average citizen's reach. And that is not strange, since they are also above the reach of the ablest minds in the country; after all the fuss and all the talk, not one of those doctrines has been conclusively proven to be the right one and the best.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Since klein is always promoting that Canada is so much better than the USA, I wonder how he will respond to this.....................
The Canadian Broadcast Standards Council has ruled that Dire Straits' 1980s hit for Nothing is too offensive for Canadian .

The ruling, released Wednesday, was in response to a complaint against St. John's CHOZ-FM. The listener complained that the word "friend a g g o t "– which appears three times in the song is "extremely offensive" to gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people.
It ruled that,"friend a g g o t" when used to describe a homosexual, is "even if entirely or marginally acceptable in earlier days, is no longer so."
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/offensive-canada-bans-dire-straits-song-money-for-nothing

klein

Für Meno :)
Canada is like the UK, I assume.

We normally don't allow people that are well known for hate speech or Holocaust denial, into the country.

The Iranian President isn't allowed in (because of his remarks the Holocaust never existed).

And several others,,, but don't have that list.

This guy, that I honestly don't even know, wasn't allowed entry either:

William Ayers turned back at Canadian border - thestar.com

- 10:33pm 19 Jan 2009 ... William Ayers, a professor of education at the University of ...

Then the big fuzz about Ann Coulter :
(here is just 1 blog)

Larry,
The conservatives banned George Galloway, an MP from the UK from entering Canada and speaking, on a flimsy excuse he supported Hamas.
That seemed real strange because he was allowed to enter the US and speak, as well as many other countries.
Conservatives love free speech, as long as it is speech they agree with.
Comparing an internationally respected figure such as Al Gore to Ann Coulter is just plain ridiculous.
We have hate laws in Canada, and as far as I am concerned she breaks them every time she opens her mouth.
She is a vile, filthy, reprehensible human being whose views are not needed.
Platforms should not be given to someone who preaches hate.

More here:
A passing thought on the Ann Coulter Canada tour

moreluck

golden ticket member
You claim not to know who Bill Ayers is, but your link tells the story....don't you read your own links?
You'll remember that when B.O. was running for pres, Bill Ayers was one of his "friends" and it was
not a positive......much like Rev. Wright wasn't a good reference either.

klein

Für Meno :)
Yeah, what I was meaning is, I haven't heard from him until now ( it somewhat rings a bell that someone was not allowed in, from England).

I think the band "50cent" couldn't make it in, either. But that was due to past criminal charges in the US.
And the US has that same policy, too.