The tree(s)

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
We keep it "Las Vegas" at the Manback residence...
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1417396831.131620.jpg

Sent using a Potato

Packmule

I always put out all the Christmas stuff now and take it down the day after Christmas. I will have little Christmas spirit after tomorrow.
I use a fake pre-lit tree due to too many pine allergies in the family. Those who cut down a real tree usually do it with a 45 caliber pistol rather than a saw. How many shots till it falls over is the game.
That's the only thing I miss about getting a real tree!

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Its an old 8473 Lionel. Coca cola series

That's actually a relatively rare set. It was an uncatalogued set from Lionel's dark days when General Mills was running the show.

I don't really collect anything Lionel past the post-war era so it's not something I would take on, but it's definitely an interesting set that you'd be wise to hang onto. In mint condition it could fetch a good $200 or so if the right buyer was interested. Thanks for sharing!

jaker

trolling
We skip it completely now , we used to do it until a few years after me driving . Then we got one of those small table trees and now we do nothing

I admit I like it that way , when you take a step back you really get to enjoy all true stuff about Christmas

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Yes, it is in good shape. The foam is broken in 2. But, the whole box is there. With extra track. Thank you for the info on it.

Take care of the box above all else. That's big with collectors if you should ever sell it. Just yesterday at a show I saw what would normally be a $750 piece with a price tag of $1200 just because it had an original box.

M

Mike hunt

Just bought another one today. Wife want a new tree I got her a new tree. Case closed.