These are the perks UPS drivers get for doing good work

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
These are the perks UPS drivers get for doing good work - Grunge

When United Parcel Service — UPS — started, it was pretty simple: Take stuff from one place in Seattle to another place in Seattle, safely and punctually. It was well over 100 years ago — 1907, actually — that two teenagers set up shop as American Messenger Company. They weren't the first, but they were competitive. It was renamed Merchants Parcel Delivery around the time they added motor vehicles — motorcycles, and a Ford Model T, according to the company's history site. Vehicles meant deliveries could be consolidated. Business was good — very good — and with more business came expansion — first, to Oakland, California — and then a new name: United Parcel Service, in 1919. "Service," said Charlie Soderstrom, one of the company founders, "is all we have to offer." That, and a fleet of brown trucks, which was his idea, too; brown gave them a "stately appearance."

These are the perks UPS drivers get for doing good work - Grunge

When United Parcel Service — UPS — started, it was pretty simple: Take stuff from one place in Seattle to another place in Seattle, safely and punctually. It was well over 100 years ago — 1907, actually — that two teenagers set up shop as American Messenger Company. They weren't the first, but they were competitive. It was renamed Merchants Parcel Delivery around the time they added motor vehicles — motorcycles, and a Ford Model T, according to the company's history site. Vehicles meant deliveries could be consolidated. Business was good — very good — and with more business came expansion — first, to Oakland, California — and then a new name: United Parcel Service, in 1919. "Service," said Charlie Soderstrom, one of the company founders, "is all we have to offer." That, and a fleet of brown trucks, which was his idea, too; brown gave them a "stately appearance."
And now Jim Casey is rolling over in his grave

Bluefootedoobie

Damage Inc.
Thats why you do an acceptable job that keeps supervisors off your back but keeps you way from the bs. Its a fine line to walk but we must so it.

grow some balls man, it’s called integrity.
You make top rate and that is the only time you’ll be spared from the constant bs, not because you’re doing a good job.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
grow some balls man, it’s called integrity.
You make top rate and that is the only time you’ll be spared from the constant bs, not because you’re doing a good job.

Bold move to question integrity. I work only as hard as need be. This job is a marathon not a sprint. The harder you work, the faster you go then the more work you get. Why work twice as hard for the same pay?