Thievin' customer

UPSGUY72

Better yet. If this guy did the same thing at his last address his new address should be put on NO Delivery or Pickup then he'll have to pick all his crap up at the building.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I am very good in stealth mode. Just like when I snuck out in the middle of the night when I was a youngster. Push the car down the hill, before I started it, shut it off and coasted in the driveway when I got home. Someone makes my life miserable, they will Never again get a pkg, without going to the building to pick it up.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Yeah, this guy would make my personal list. Even if UPS didn't mark this in my DIAD as a sig required stop, it would be in my head as one and they would never get a DR again.

Once on my old route I had this same type of incident happen. Went back to the place and drew a perfect picture of what happened on the day said incident occurred of me handing the guy the package and he still denied it. I then told him if he sticks to this claim that he would forever from that point on have to be home and sign for every package from that point on. He half jokingly asked me if that was a threat and I replied, "No, that's a promise." All of a sudden he recalled the same incident I verbally drew him.
I think in the next few years after, I only delivered there a few more times but I noticed the FedEx guy more than he had been in the past. He must have been requesting their service over ours.

Re-Raise

Tell the guy that UPS has new technology that takes a google Earth satellight picture of each delivery which clearly shows the individuals present at the time of delivery.

Might be fun to see his reaction.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
What gets me is when a follow-up is issued when the customer actually signed for it and then denies receiving it.

Speedy Cerviche

It's one of the best parts of the job. Although I have no real power to effect anything, I do get to flex my passive aggressiveness with impunity every once in a while.

Re-Raise

It's one of the best parts of the job. Although I have no real power to effect anything, I do get to flex my passive aggressiveness with impunity every once in a while.

When I have a driver follow up I change my name in the DIAD board to the Investigator. It shows up that way then back on the computers at the center.

I am not making that up..

jalnar

What is even worse is when you have a follow up for shoes and they come to the door and guess what they are wearing? You inform them that you are here for a follow up for a pair of shoes they did not get and look down at there feet and smile. At this point they know they are busted but still deny they ever received the shoes.

UPSGUY72

What gets me is that UPS still pays the claim on the denial.

What really get to me is that UPS will still deliver to that house. If people sign for a package and then say they didn't get it. there house should become a NO Delivery ? Pick up address they should now have top march their ass down to the center and pick up there future packages.

tarbar66

What gets me is when a follow-up is issued when the customer actually signed for it and then denies receiving it.

I had a follow-up that another driver delivered and the package was a COD that was paid for with a check. This business would get COD's everyday from at least 5 different shippers and maybe as many as 20 different shippers. The other driver was a R & G. He hated CODs and told the customer as much when he had the split.

The customer told me he filed a claim in hopes he wouldn't get Mr. R & G anymore.

UPSGUY72

I had a follow-up that another driver delivered and the package was a COD that was paid for with a check. This business would get COD's everyday from at least 5 different shippers and maybe as many as 20 different shippers. The other driver was a R & G. He hated CODs and told the customer as much when he had the split.

The customer told me he filed a claim in hopes he wouldn't get Mr. R & G anymore.

I hope you told you SUP and manager and LP if they are in your building... That is called stealing and the customer admitted it.

ol'browneye

Just a follow-up (no pun intended). I went with my sup to the sheriff's dept to file a fraud report but the cops pretty much said it was our word against his and they weren't going to send anyone out there over $99. UPS has proof from the GPS system that I was there but we have no proof that he was, other than my word. I think the LP guy was just hoping that the sight of the cops would make this guy suddenly remember getting the pkg. I personally don't think it would have. I can tell this guy has done this before and is a very good liar as he didn't blink an eye when he looked me in the eye and told me "I wasn't here." Sup said he will be on a "level 4 no dr" which means I get a signature from him, not his kid, not his neighbor, not his dog, him.
I did mention to my boss if we would be able to track his name when he eventually moves to a new area. Not sure if they can do that or not. I do recall just giving the oms a name and them finding an address for me, so maybe it is possible.

Cementups

Box Monkey
^I don't know dude, if he can get the dog to hold the stylus properly and give you a legible signature, I may very well accept that.