Third party background check ~ u suck! Ground/ HD

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
So the previous driver of my current route got perma~ DQed un June...

I got transferred to a further hub to cover it

Commute to that hub wasn't bad duing the summer and daylight is plentiful for me to drive 140~200 miles a day

But now that school is back in session, there's an accident on the main highway that turns my 30 min commute to an hour and a half almost daily

come on ground management! Get on their case as to move those background checks faster... these applicants aren't going to sit around twiddling their thumbs.

Maybe it's a good thing they found something better. The Azon drivers in my area are now getting $15~hour driving dodge promasters or ford transit cargo vans

Im already asking customers in my area to start applying now so i can cut my route in half by thanksgiving

OrioN

I'm just telling them that the friggin background checks are taking a while... hence asking them if they know anyone with clean driving records to apply now!

Funny thing is some say they rather stay home to collect welfare instead of earning some of what a subcontractor pays these drivers.

Purplepackage

I'm just telling them that the friggin background checks are taking a while... hence asking them if they know anyone with clean driving records to apply now!

Funny thing is some say they rather stay home to collect welfare instead of earning some of what a subcontractor pays these drivers.

Right there is the problem with parts of America currently.

Star B

White Lightening
Do you blame them? Why destroy your body and work for peanuts when the company doesn't care about you?

If companies actually took care of their employees (pensions, actual fair pay/rewards, healthcare), I would bet you that this current welfare-queen-millennial thought process :censored2: would quickly shrink.

Purplepackage

Do you blame them? Why destroy your body and work for peanuts when the company doesn't care about you?

If companies actually took care of their employees (pensions, actual fair pay/rewards, healthcare), I would bet you that this current welfare-queen-millennial thought process :censored2: would quickly shrink.

Im not blaming them, big companies have become so disconnected from reality that they actually advertise 10 dollar an hour jobs on billboards (because somehow 10 dollars an hour is supposed to be enough to live)

bacha29

To sum it all up.......Why work for nothing when you can do nothing for nothing? Recently a group of powdered and pressed metal manufacturers in this region had a big pow wow to gripe and moan about the fact that they are having a very hard time finding people willing to go to work in their blistering hot, noisy and dangerous mills for $9 starting wage with very slow upward progression.People just laughed at them for having stuck those mills out in remote areas for the specific reason that they would be in the midst of what they believed to be an inexhaustable supply of cheap labor.

OrioN

Update : it is now November n no incoming drivers ... this is a huge problem ! not just at my hub, but at others as well in my state

They're failing on the background checks & ~ or drug tests

Sigh, i may get my wish and be driving a bigger piece o shi.. this peak, yay !

Maybe, while waiting for the background to clear, they wised up and found better seasonal work elsewhere . youse iEsspeas better offer up macadamia nuts instead of peanuts !

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
To sum it all up.......Why work for nothing when you can do nothing for nothing? Recently a group of powdered and pressed metal manufacturers in this region had a big pow wow to gripe and moan about the fact that they are having a very hard time finding people willing to go to work in their blistering hot, noisy and dangerous mills for $9 starting wage with very slow upward progression.People just laughed at them for having stuck those mills out in remote areas for the specific reason that they would be in the midst of what they believed to be an inexhaustable supply of cheap labor.

A Republican corporate wet dream...cheap labor and RTW. Then Trump says he will be saving the middle class, by catering to the powdered and pressed class.

OrioN

I'm not in a RTW state, so i have no idea how that works

but i am predicking another scab plan by Fredex Ground in the near future, where the company will hire "cartage agents" again any pay them better than what an iasspea can provide for their "employees".

if i get wind of that in my state, im hopping to a rental cagovan and become one of them at triple the pay ! i am well versed in the powerpad process n knows how to use doortags, so im all set to go.

plus, theyll turn a blind eye on adhering to DOT HOS rulez for them since they're truely independent service providers

bbsam

Staff member
Reporting to whom?
Depends on the day. I've had one DQ'd by the company in the last 2 months. Instead of issuing an opportunity to cure to the contractor for employee transgressions, they can simply DQ them. They get to keep the structure of the contract but treat the drivers like their own employees .

OrioN

BB, i recalled there was a list of stuff that gets a driver DairyQueened for a set time or permanently ... can u provide the list of no - nose on this site.
so potential homeless people and immigrants know before they set foot in the door for the Application ?

for example, refusing to take a random drug test (duh, u hiding something, bro ?) assumes that u smoking maryjane n don't wanna admit it.... would that go on his record n gets insta - banned for life ?