Thirty Percent Dividend Hike

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
I'm already seeing the salespeople at stops, and my straight trucks are bricked at dispatch. This isn't no "back to school" product rush. The spare straight truck is almost getting bricked from the absurd volume off the package vans. I've never seen anything like it.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
As an testament to their appreciation for the efforts of contractors who are out there today trying to scrape up enough money to pay for additional trucks and manpower in an effort to prepare for a potential UPS/IBT slug fest , FDX today announced a 30 % increase in it's quarterly dividend.
Gotta do something with all those tax dollars Trump gave them back!

bbsam

Staff member
I'm already seeing the salespeople at stops, and my straight trucks are bricked at dispatch. This isn't no "back to school" product rush. The spare straight truck is almost getting bricked from the absurd volume off the package vans. I've never seen anything like it.
The salespeople we see want us to commit to early morning delivery and late afternoon pickup.

No.

It will be fine

New convert pickups are pouring in, but I’m hesitant to add any trucks for volume that will likely be gone again in a few months.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Being called a BS er, I don't mind that but being called a liar something else. While the Congressman and I belong to different parties we live in a rural district that continues to be drained of resources in all forms with nothing being put back.

Valuable resources are being drained. You remain. Speaks volumes.

vantexan

Gibberish huh? You think so? This morning I received a call from my US Congressman requesting a private one on one meeting with me in July. Just him and I in the room ,,,,, and he's a Republican and I'm a Democrat.
Well that's no mystery. He's finding he's not as good a BSer as many in Washington so he's seeking some coaching. Just kidding!!! :backingout:

bacha29

Well that's no mystery. He's finding he's not as good a BSer as many in Washington so he's seeking some coaching. Just kidding!!! :backingout:
I don't mind it coming from you. Even what Dano has to say doesn't get on my nerves because every time he says anything the more convinced I am that he has never spent a single day of his life in the employment of XExpress or for that matter any other X operating unit.
The fact that the Congressman has asked for the input of an ordinary constituent speaks volumes as to the multiple challenges facing rural America.
You see it would appear that Dano is a member of the Entitlement Generation whereby the only time he isn't talking about himself is when he's launching personal attacks against someone he wouldn't know if he passed them on the street during one of the few days when he's allowed leave his mom's basement.
But, when that door closes behind us and the two of us engage in the conversation the focus will be entirely on the future of this region and how to create new opportunities for those who remain.
The Congressman doesn't have to give of his time and I don't have to give of mine and there's nothing in it for us personally but trying to do something for the sake of the greater good is something for which Dano and for the most part the Entitlement Generation have no concept of.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I don't mind it coming from you. Even what Dano has to say doesn't get on my nerves because every time he says anything the more convinced I am that he has never spent a single day of his life in the employment of XExpress or for that matter any other X operating unit.

Despite having never been employed by Express and knowing nothing about the operation, you're convinced that I've never been employed by them either? Wow.

The fact that the Congressman has asked for the input of an ordinary constituent speaks volumes as to the multiple challenges facing rural America.

Actually, elected officials do this often.

You see it would appear that Dano is a member of the Entitlement Generation whereby the only time he isn't talking about himself is when he's launching personal attacks against someone he wouldn't know if he passed them on the street during one of the few days when he's allowed leave his mom's basement.

That's not true. I sleep, too.

But, when that door closes behind us and the two of us engage in the conversation the focus will be entirely on the future of this region and how to create new opportunities for those who remain.
The Congressman doesn't have to give of his time and I don't have to give of mine and there's nothing in it for us personally but trying to do something for the sake of the greater good is something for which Dano and for the most part the Entitlement Generation have no concept of.

I bet you'll be on Mt. Rushmore by September.

bacha29

Despite having never been employed by Express and knowing nothing about the operation, you're convinced that I've never been employed by them either? Wow.

Actually, elected officials do this often.

That's not true. I sleep, too.

I bet you'll be on Mt. Rushmore by September.
At least somebody of note values what I have to say. Something that no one on this site will ever do for you.