This is embarrassing.....

Leftinbuilding

Dale Jarrett starts dead last (43rd) in the Daytona 500 and only qualifies because of a "provisional". Any bets on how quickly the leaders lap him? Second lap? Third? He can only utilize the provisional 6 times this season so we may not see too much of ol #44. :blush: :blushing:

CFLBrown

He's running a brand new car. Cut him some slack. Start complaining when the other members of his team lap him with the same cars.

Leftinbuilding

He's running a brand new car. Cut him some slack. Start complaining when the other members of his team lap him with the same cars.

I would cut him some slack if the past couple of years had given ANY indication he can run with the big boys. But a provisional? At the Daytona? Give ME a break.

disneyworld

Dale Jarrett starts dead last (43rd) in the Daytona 500 and only qualifies because of a "provisional". Any bets on how quickly the leaders lap him? Second lap? Third? He can only utilize the provisional 6 times this season so we may not see too much of ol #44. :blush: :blushing:
I'm going with the pace lap.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
WEll I was going to give him a break, I dont think he has it any more. Hes good for UPS since he quit whining. Its just a name, Jarrett, I would think UPS could have gotten better. But now we are whining, we need a showstopper. He aint it, we need a new guy. # 38 is looking pretty good. Or I wish the 72 yr old guy would have made it, he would have been a fun one to watch. Who wouldnt cheer for their Dad having the balls to race a car going 180+. I know I would.

Channahon

Never gave much thought to Nascar until UPS sponsored Jarrett. Starting watching and decided to be a Jimmie Johnson fan. A good UPS friend of mine goes to Delaware every year and gets pit passes. He has all kinds of Jarret stuff autographed. Called me and asked who my favorite driver was and I said Jimmie Johnson - he waited a 1/2 hour for Jimmie to come out of his trailer and signed a Lowe's car for me. I tell this story as my husband wouldn't even do that for me. Although I did drag him to Michigan last year for our first race!!