This year is halfway over

JL 0513

How long ago were you two in progression? None of the new drivers in progression here are getting raises in August. If that's the case I'm owed some beer money!

I just finished my 3 year progression in April. I was on the last contract. Now that I think of it, the GWI's were just the August one's for the full time drivers. Got each of the .70 raises seperate from the progression raise. February raise is generally the split one for PT's.

JL 0513

I wish their was a national paid leave for childbirth. I think it's important for fathers to be there in the first months. It's been proven to really help in the development.

Who's going to pay for that? Another mandate on businesses? See you later millions of jobs. Think about it. For every kid born, a company has to pay an invisible person for 2 months?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Who's going to pay for that? Another mandate on businesses? See you later millions of jobs. Think about it. For every kid born, a company has to pay an invisible person for 2 months?

New York is toying with the idea. It would be funded by a small increase in the payroll taxes paid by both the employer and employees.

By The Book

I just finished my 3 year progression in April. I was on the last contract. Now that I think of it, the GWI's were just the August one's for the full time drivers. Got each of the .70 raises seperate from the progression raise. February raise is generally the split one for PT's.
The GWI's were for all employees, part time and full time, under the last contract. All new hires(after8/1/2013) only get the progression raises. The split raises are for all employees who were hired under the last contract.

JL 0513

The GWI's were for all employees, part time and full time, under the last contract. All new hires(after8/1/2013) only get the progression raises. The split raises are for all employees who were hired under the last contract.

On the last contract, when I was PT I would get the split raises. About .35 each in February and August. Drivers usually get the one full one in August. There's exceptions such as next year when the driver raise is 1.00 but spit in two.

Orion inc.

I like turtles

Yeah close some of the BS corporate tax loopholes and you'd be amazed at the better society we can create.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Right now my YTD is roughly TWICE where I was sitting at this time. I forgot how :censored2: bad last year really was.

ChrisTheBrown

For the whole year last year with UPS, I made $23,671.37.

Through the first 6 months this year, with UPS, I've already made $20,010.69.
Perhaps not necessary to throw the numbers out there, but what I'm getting at is...
Patience & perseverance pays off! Hit 3 years seniority next month.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My very first year (1989), which included my last 3 months of military service and first 9 months of UPS, I grossed $18,293.

Suffice it to say that I have bumped that up considerably over the last 27 years, with my highest grossing year (2005), where I made $78,062.

(Figures are from my ssa.gov account)

NXA

My very first year (1989), which included my last 3 months of military service and first 9 months of UPS, I grossed $18,293.

Suffice it to say that I have bumped that up considerably over the last 27 years, with my highest grossing year (2005), where I made $78,062.

(Figures are from my ssa.gov account)
Under 90k? Runner gunner.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
On the last contract, when I was PT I would get the split raises. About .35 each in February and August. Drivers usually get the one full one in August. There's exceptions such as next year when the driver raise is 1.00 but spit in two.
The raises have been the same split or not the entire time I've worked her for drivers and PT.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
Such a weird thing to hear a long time UPS driver like Dave say he's never broken 80K. In my center, you have to be a 25 year vet with a cake route to not break 80K. Everyone goes over 80K, especially the rookies at top scale. I'm one of the guys who gets in a moderately decent time of around 7:30pm most days unless they ask me to help, which is at least once a week and I'm still on pace for 110K. Other folks in my center go about 120K every year.

ManInBrown

Such a weird thing to hear a long time UPS driver like Dave say he's never broken 80K. In my center, you have to be a 25 year vet with a cake route to not break 80K. Everyone goes over 80K, especially the rookies at top scale. I'm one of the guys who gets in a moderately decent time of around 7:30pm most days unless they ask me to help, which is at least once a week and I'm still on pace for 110K. Other folks in my center go about 120K every year.
Yup. Same here. A few 25 year vets get in about 6-6:15 but the majority of the rest usually get back after 7:30. I remember before I blocked Dave (Which BTW makes life so much more pleasant here) saw him post many times that most days he doesn't even work 8 hours. What a hoot that was. An absolute hoot. Gotta love the BOG.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
Yup. Same here. A few 25 year vets get in about 6-6:15 but the majority of the rest usually get back after 7:30. I remember before I blocked Dave (Which BTW makes life so much more pleasant here) saw him post many times that most days he doesn't even work 8 hours. What a hoot that was. An absolute hoot. Gotta love the BOG.

Lol so many people have him blocked. I find a few of his posts on the obnoxious side but not so much to block him. But this site is definitely eye opening about how different this job is from state to state, center to center. For example I never even thought of rural routes until I hit this site.