Thousands “offboarded” from UPS today

Thebrownblob

of the 12k, 7.5k of them were separated that day

we will miss them in another year or two when we are trying to expand and all our sales talent was hoovered up by the competition
Sales talent? Honestly, I haven’t seen anyone talented in the sales department in quite a long time. Actually actually, I haven’t seen a sales person at all in quite a long time.

Sales talent? Honestly, I haven’t seen anyone talented in the sales department in quite a long time. Actually actually, I haven’t seen a sales person at all in quite a long time.
the best sales people are coalesced at the corp/region level working in sorta-focused teams; the people you see at the local/district level are not of the best quality, but you need some kind of a buffer to keep things from getting out of control

tourists24

I do miss the days when our Sales reps/management would come around demanding we submit x number of leads per week..... fun games

anonymous23456

If Salespeople work harder and also handing few thousand-dollar check to any driver that provides good lead, the result would be fantastic. However, sales are greedy lazy bastards!

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I do miss the days when our Sales reps/management would come around demanding we submit x number of leads per week..... fun games
I used to submit Wendy’s, Hardee’s, and my favorite was a Chinese restaurant where they barely spoke English. I told the sales reps they sent a lot of packages back home to china and would be a great account to land 🤣

anonymous23456

IE was the boogeyman in our building
Supe: I know its heavy today, IE raised stops per car

Supe: I know we don’t have enough routes in, IE cut them

Supe: I know your dispatch is not what it should be, IE reconfigured ORION over the weekend
IE stands for Ice cream Eaters. Ask this guy. He knows.

joe-biden-435-1250d33329cb405e90dd3ddeb92c2e97.jpg

bumped

the best sales people are coalesced at the corp/region level working in sorta-focused teams; the people you see at the local/district level are not of the best quality, but you need some kind of a buffer to keep things from getting out of control
This may be so. I've talked to a couple of UPS salespeople and like us drivers not knowing what the metrics are for our planned day, they don't know what the metrics are for their pay either. They salespeople are not doing anything more than what they need to to keep their current salaries.