Thread Themes

Channahon

I joined this site in December 2006 and the recurring theme is many threads are:

1. Hourly vs. management
2. Hourly vs. Teamsters
3. Teamsters vs APWA
4. Management vs.hourly
5. Disrespect for others opinions/disagreements

On the other hand, there are some intelligent people that post information that is useful, fun to read and amusing.

I would think all of us have enough stress working, why bring it to the board?.

wyobill

I cannot disagree with you but everyone is different and have different opions.
My concern is to keep U.P.S the Gorilla's of the industry and make ups a better a place to work and retire from. The only way this is possile is to have change for the better.
This web site is a great way to express concerns , issues,
contracts, and what ever else is on your mind.
Thank You to ever created the Brown Cafe!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I cannot disagree with you but everyone is different and have different opions.
My concern is to keep U.P.S the Gorilla's of the industry and make ups a better a place to work and retire from. The only way this is possile is to have change for the better.
This web site is a great way to express concerns , issues,
contracts, and what ever else is on your mind.
Thank You to ever created the Brown Cafe!

That would be Cheryl.

And yes it is a wonderful place for all to visit, learn, make friends, and share interests and stories. And ocasionally frustrations and ask for help.

helenofcalifornia

It does seem to be getting a bit vicious lately. I like this site for the exchange of information on how other centers/hubs run. I always thought that UPS was the same all over, but it's not. (I thought once you bid a route it was yours until retired, not realizing UPS has drivers bid on package routes yearly. Yikes!!) I also now realize that there are idiots everywhere, not just supervising feeders. There are lots of hourly workers who have alot to learn, and management too.

DS

Fenderbender
Its true that there seems be a trend in the negativity department lately, but the animosity is usually between 2 or 3 people with different opinions.Overall IMO I think a lot of us
are feeling the winter blues,and the spring may help create an
overall better mood .The positive threads far outweigh the
"thems fightin` words" ones so all in all, the brown cafe` is
just as fresh as it ever was thanks to the other 99.9 percent of the people who post here.

Channahon

Its true that there seems be a trend in the negativity department lately, but the animosity is usually between 2 or 3 people with different opinions.Overall IMO I think a lot of us
are feeling the winter blues,and the spring may help create an
overall better mood .The positive threads far outweigh the
"thems fightin` words" ones so all in all, the brown cafe` is
just as fresh as it ever was thanks to the other 99.9 percent of the people who post here.
You bring up a good point about cabin fever, I myself can't wait to dust off my golf clubs and start swinging again and enjoy the day.

over9five

Staff member
"...a trend in the negativity department lately,"

Do you think it's because there's sooooo many members now? I'm NOT saying that's a bad thing. 249 member visits in the last 24 hours. A year ago there would be less than half that.

BrownCafe has grown big-time. We've added police.... ! More people equals more negativity, but hopefully it equals more positivity too!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Thats right blame it on SAD!!!!!!!!! seasonal affective disorder, or for those of us in the north and midwest, lack of sun. Or we are freaking tired of climbing through snowbanks!!!! If I remember correctly January sees the most suicides, although it begins with the Christmas season, and we saw one of those on here.

Everyone feels better when the sun shines once in a while.

With the increased traffic, we will get both, happy and mad people, angered at feeling bad about their jobs and people who are happy to be getting a job.
I like my job, most of us do, but certain factors are ruining the joy, or satisfaction that we used to get from it, while people on the other "side", so to speak are being angered by the pressures being put on them, I dont know if the sun will fix it all, but it will help.

Then there are those in CA who dont have a clue what winter depression could be like, except the ones who used to live here and moved, That would be moreluck for one!! Yeah I know you are smiling, in your shorts by your pool!!!! hahahaha It will be 10 degrees tonight, seems the stupid groundhog was wrong again.

Brownnblue

I joined this site in December 2006 and the recurring theme is many threads are:

1. Hourly vs. management
2. Hourly vs. Teamsters
3. Teamsters vs APWA
4. Management vs.hourly
5. Disrespect for others opinions/disagreements

On the other hand, there are some intelligent people that post information that is useful, fun to read and amusing.

I would think all of us have enough stress working, why bring it to the board?.

So if someone brings a post to browncafe that is not informative & creative to your standards, that person is not intelligent? I certainly hope that this is not what you meant.

Channahon

I was merely stating the themes on most of the threads and not to sound negative, also made a positive statement.

Apparently, you didn't perceive my post that way.

A

Anonymous 19072007

Is it me or does it seem like management is not really welcome here? I get that feeling. If so then maybe someone should create another similar site for management.

Guess what folks...there are some serious winds floating around the company that could have LOTS of people up and down the company having strong opinions in the near future.

UPS is in big trouble, the ship has hit an iceberg, and the band is still playing.

Seems like it would be nice to have a place where everyone is welcome without having to deal with the negativity. I can tell you that just about everyone I know in mgmt regularly visits this site and reads, but most just consider it a "union member" site due to many comments they read here.

over9five

Staff member
"Guess what folks...there are some serious winds floating around the company..."

Well, instead of ending your lame-a** post there, Why don't you tell us about these "serious winds"??

trickpony1

Anon1907...........
Good point.

Maybe we can petition Cheryl to change the name of this website to:
"wine and roses" cafe.com or;
"butterfly kisses and lollipops" cafe.com or;
"the good ship lollipop" cafe.com or;
"leave it to beaver" cafe.com.

With the exception of one frequent management poster, management has always been a rather secretive society to the extent that the aforementioned management poster does most of his communication with his "brotherhood" by PM.

I guess it depends on which end of the "screwing" you happen to be on would depend the nature of one's post's here.

Maybe management needs to start their own website to snuggle up on. :thumbup1:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Anon....maybe you'd like to register before you start moving the furniture around. Where should I go?? I've never worked for UPS !!

DS

Fenderbender
Is it me or does it seem like management is not really welcome here? I get that feeling. If so then maybe someone should create another similar site for management.

Right next to the brown cafe`, how about the supe kitchen?

Guess what folks...there are some serious winds floating around the company that could have LOTS of people up and down the company having strong opinions in the near future.

Whats new?

UPS is in big trouble, the ship has hit an iceberg, and the band is still playing.

You know something we dont?

Seems like it would be nice to have a place where everyone is welcome without having to deal with the negativity. I can tell you that just about everyone I know in mgmt regularly visits this site and reads, but most just consider it a "union member" site due to many comments they read here.
Everyone you know?
Do you sit around the conference table every morning
and discuss the previous nights posts?(BCM?)

Some negativity is necessary .Life&Death,Yin&Yang,
Pro&Con,the fact is when you get hundreds of upsers
together in one place,where thier opinion is actually
worth something,theres going to be some disagreement.

This site is neither pro or con towards management
and union.Its just a place to gather,share,and give
or take advice.

All you mngmt people dont be shy,become a member
and together,maybe we can git`er done.