Threatened with discipline over attendance, even with DR's note.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Is your doctor an actual dr or like a medicine man?

Serious question seen a lady fired over this.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1459904222.010694.jpg

Does she look like this

Cementups

Box Monkey
Sounds to me like he's trying to use you as an example. I wouldn't say another word to this fella unless it's to ask where the steward is when he wants to talk to you.
As said, discipline for attendance is progressive unless it is extremely excessive. And make sure you hold onto those doctor's notes, you may need them.

rod

Retired 22 years
Sounds to me like he's trying to use you as an example. I wouldn't say another word to this fella unless it's to ask where the steward is when he wants to talk to you.
As said, discipline for attendance is progressive unless it is extremely excessive. And make sure you hold onto those doctor's notes, you may need them.

I would say he should go as far as making some photo copies of them because if he ever gives them up to prove his point they will mysteriously disappear. Give UPS a copy if necessary.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I would say he should go as far as making some photo copies of them because if he ever gives them up to prove his point they will mysteriously disappear. Give UPS a copy if necessary.

I figured that to be a given as I never give anyone the original os ANY document I have. But I guess others aren't that smart.

rickyb

I've been working here for only a little over a year, so I'm not totally familiar with the way things work.

I missed 5 days earlier this year after catching the flu really bad, and i missed 3 days recently for other reasons.

Anyway, i have a doctors note to excuse me, but my supervisor said I'm getting written up anyway, including termination letters!

Not sure what to do about this. I was told that if i go over my sick days, a doctors note is required too excuse me. I got that, but im apparently not excused.
move to europe. its better there

MendozaJ

"And I think I missed an additional day..."

What does that even mean? You can't keep track of your days and we're barely four months into the year. Five days here. One more day there. Is that eight or nine for the year? I think the sup let you slide on that week long disappearance, but now feels as though he was taken advantage of.

"This place is so messed up that it's impossible to get a straight story from anybody." No kidding.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I've been working here for only a little over a year, so I'm not totally familiar with the way things work.

I missed 5 days earlier this year after catching the flu really bad, and i missed 3 days recently for other reasons.

Anyway, i have a doctors note to excuse me, but my supervisor said I'm getting written up anyway, including termination letters!

Not sure what to do about this. I was told that if i go over my sick days, a doctors note is required too excuse me. I got that, but im apparently not excused.

A doctors note does not necessarily excuse a call in. It still can be recorded as a call in. They are just sometimes a little more lenient if you have a doctors note, but they don't have to be.

Attendance is subject to progressive discipline. You cannot be issued a termination without going through progressive discipline first.

If you are sick, just call in. If you are going to be out for 3 or more days, it is a good idea to get a doctors note.

Can I get these letters removed because I have a DR's note?

No. But keep the notes as they may be beneficial to you if they pursue further progressive discipline.

It can still be recorded as a call in, but they may be willing to overlook a few occurrences in which you have a doctors note for. I say maybe. They do not have to.

If you are constantly calling in, even with a doctors note, be prepared to look somewhere else for a job.

I banged in monday and Tuesday a few weeks ago cause I was sick as a dog. Dragged my ass to work that Wednesday....was told to expect a warning letter for attendance. I worked 3 hours and they let me leave (I only showed up to get my one punch for the week). Went straight to the Dr....told I had pneumonia and got a note excusing me for the rest of the week. I showed up the following Monday with a return to work Dr note....and was told I wasn't going to get a warning letter after all.

As I mentioned above, they tend to be a little more lenient if you have a doctors note.

Even if attendance is extreme, it is still subject to progressive discipline.