Three CEOs resign from Trump council over Charlottesville

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I love and use Politifact all the time ... one of the true unbiased (as far as I can tell) sources for political information.
fake
what a :censored2:
Politifact is very much left leaning.
3od3l2.jpg

oldngray

nowhere special
That is Politico!

Politico is very much left but Politifact will do things like "fact check" opinions and use convoluted logic to justify some of their conclusions. Plus they cherry pick which facts they check and sometimes arbitrarily decide a fact isn't worth checking (more often if it is from a liberal). Their ratings end up definitely slanted to the left.

BrownArmy

Yes.

Hard to find any with no bias so read what both sides are saying and draw my own conclusions.

That's what I do - I toggle between five or seven sources, and triangulate.

I've been on vacation with some free time, and it's interesting to see the a news event play out across different sources.

Like Trump's speech on Tuesday - both CNN, FOX, and MSNBC covered it on TV, but it was like hearing about three different events.

The editing in terms of which portions of the speech were shown, which were left out, which were repeated ad nauseam, it was clear that each network had a narrative that they were going to push either way. That was just on TV.

I like BBC, and the NYT and WSJ are a fun pair - like two sides of a coin.

CNN is like a Jackson Pollock painting.

NPR tries to be objective, and they do a fine job, but there's an unconscious liberal bias at play.

FOX and MSNBC are reliably exactly what they are, pro-Trump/anti-Trump; both are ridiculous.

MB referenced OAN, I had to look that up, and I'll check it out.

oldngray

nowhere special
That's what I do - I toggle between five or seven sources, and triangulate.

I've been on vacation with some free time, and it's interesting to see the a news event play out across different sources.

Like Trump's speech on Tuesday - both CNN, FOX, and MSNBC covered it on TV, but it was like hearing about three different events.

The editing in terms of which portions of the speech were shown, which were left out, which were repeated ad nauseam, it was clear that each network had a narrative that they were going to push either way. That was just on TV.

I like BBC, and the NYT and WSJ are a fun pair - like two sides of a coin.

CNN is like a Jackson Pollock painting.

NPR tries to be objective, and they do a fine job, but there's an unconscious liberal bias at play.

FOX and MSNBC are reliably exactly what they are, pro-Trump/anti-Trump; both are ridiculous.

MB referenced OAN, I had to look that up, and I'll check it out.

OAN is pretty good. It mostly uses Reuters and does lean to the right but tries to remain accurate.

My home page is Yahoo and about 80% of its stories are from liberal sites. I will check Google and Bing news for a few other insights. I don't waste my time with CNN but will check to see what MSNBC is reporting. To balance that I will check several right wing sites.

What really stands out more than anything else is what news is and isn't being reported on each site more than what is actually said.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Politico is very much left but Politifact will do things like "fact check" opinions and use convoluted logic to justify some of their conclusions. Plus they cherry pick which facts they check and sometimes arbitrarily decide a fact isn't worth checking (more often if it is from a liberal). Their ratings end up definitely slanted to the left.
If one uses Politifact that way, it may be biased.
I use it to search claimed 'facts' especially when the facts seem questionable.
I have not run across any fact checking I have realized were not true.
I've never gone to Politifact and browsed through their site.

Last edited: