Time allowence!

B

Bombed Load

Re: Time allowance!

They know the methods that should be applied.

Time studies are usually done by sups. Most ran like rabbits and did everything wrong imaginable as hourlys. If you don't thoroughly know the methods, how can you give credit when credit is due?

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!

Time studies are usually done by sups. Most ran like rabbits and did everything wrong imaginable as hourlys. If you don't thoroughly know the methods, how can you give credit when credit is due?

Not always true. That is the way it use to be. The last time studies they did on our center were done by a group of people that had never been in operations much less a package car as a driver. The girl that did my study was Asian and spoke very broken English.

JustTired

free at last.......

Not always true. That is the way it use to be. The last time studies they did on our center were done by a group of people that had never been in operations much less a package car as a driver. The girl that did my study was Asian and spoke very broken English.

Oh Great!!

Let me guess....they were "engineering" students from some university, who's grade would be determined by how much time they could save the company.

The good news is that the numbers only mean something to the company.
The bad news is that we are dispatched by those numbers.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Ive never heard of a time study being done by a supervisor, it takes special training to do them.
If it were done by my sup I would gain time, as he ran 2+ hrs late with 2 people doing it. And last night I got a call about what to do with the 9 lg cods taking up room in the truck, for another driver. Crawl around them and go back on Monday, what else can you do? :crying: No I dont have a secret formula to make them disappear, it happens all the time. Live with it:wink: