Time For A Music Thread, Summer Concerts

wkmac

Chris Squire is a god!

Oh Yeah but then I'd also add Jon Camp, bassist for Renaissance in there too. Like Squire, Camp played the bass like a lead and if you listen to songs like Ashes Are Burning and Son for All Seasons you'll hear what I mean.

Chris had a recent health scare but is back at it and is also working on a side project from Yes with former 70's Genesis guitarist Steve Hackett (another god IMO).

Squackett

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
Forgot to add that about 4 or 5 people got kicked out including someone who got a bloody head.....Heading out in a few to see him again.....Will have pics this time

M

Mike23

I saw Taylor Swift's concert on Wed at Stampede. It was freaking AWESOME. We had floor seats (I also scalped a pair of tickets earlier I had paid $80 for and got $300 in return). We were in row 27 on the floor but halfway through the concert she disappeared.

About 3 min later she shows up in section 100 something behind us then comes down and puts us in pretty much row 5 or 6 for a few songs. It was from 1930-2300. She had two openers (Gloriana and Kelly Pickler).

The only thing to complain about in the concert was her continually stating she writes songs about bad boyfriends. It was kind of like flogging a dead horse after awhile. Really didn't take away much though. For someone who's only 20 she puts on a damn good concert. Radio was comparing it to concerts Garth Brooks used to put on just with the sheer electricity in the atmosphere from it. Of course, SOMEONE (not I) forgot the dang camera so we didn't get pictures :(

Then saw Reba McEntire on Thurs...she SUUUUUUUUCKED. 1 hour and 15 min concert (if you call that a concert). Started at 1945 and ended at 2100. Maybe her depends started to leak, I dunno. I would've been steamed if I had've had to actually pay to see the concert. My gf got the tickets from work for it.

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
Pics from Hank III last night

HankIII003.jpg

HankIII004.jpg

HankIII005.jpg

HankIII006.jpg

DS

Fenderbender
I liked the song, thanks for sharing. I let it play through after it was over and was wondering what the heck was growling at 3:45?

In I'm so tired,at 3:45 I think its the sound of me sliding the cheap $2 plastic mike across my desk.Weird though,it does sound like a lion :)
or maybe my stomach growling,I eat pretty late :)

wkmac

Sunday August 2nd,,, going to go see Saving Abel......

All goes well, my 17 year old daughter and I are coming up to Asheville in October to see Robin Trower at the Orange Peel. Saw Trower several times in the 70's with the best being 1974' when he toured with Bob Fripp and King Crimson. Huge KC fan too.

My 17 year old is also looking forward to seeing Trower because as a guitarist herself this is a "must see" on her icons list.

tourists24

All goes well, my 17 year old daughter and I are coming up to Asheville in October to see Robin Trower at the Orange Peel. Saw Trower several times in the 70's with the best being 1974' when he toured with Bob Fripp and King Crimson. Huge KC fan too.

My 17 year old is also looking forward to seeing Trower because as a guitarist herself this is a "must see" on her icons list.
Dont know if you've ever been to the Orange Peel WK, but it is one of the most awesome venues you can go to.... let me know if this works out, and know if you need a place to stay, you got it.

wkmac

Dont know if you've ever been to the Orange Peel WK, but it is one of the most awesome venues you can go to.... let me know if this works out, and know if you need a place to stay, you got it.

Thanks for the invite but we're a little over 3 hours south so we'll just make the run in one haul. Besides we have to be back because my daughter has a gig that next afternoon so we'll haul back home, get a couple hours of Zzzzz's, load up gear and then off we go!

Never been to the OP but I've heard great things about it. Looking forward to going.

Speaking of Motorhead, saw them in 76' (maybe ?), not sure the exact year but they were touring the southern club scene with Ronnie Montrose and played Atlanta at the old Electric Ballroom. From 73' ish until the latter 70's, I spent so much time there that the Post Office just re-routed my mail to save time!
:happy-very:

Saw Lemmy in 73' at the Ballroom when he played with Hawkwind during the Space Ritual phase. Their shows even beat Bowie's Ziggy Stardust for being out there until a few months later when I saw Peter Gabriel with Genesis.

Here's some Hawkwind circa 72' and that's Lemmy on the bass and the guy is a good and often overlooked bass player.

Ah Space Rock! Kick Ass!!!!!!
Mug of Hot Coco? More like a hit of Orange Sunshine! :wink2: