Time for BLM style justice?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I was not taught racism, per se, as a child, but I was definitely exposed to it. I learned callous rhymes, for instance, that we would recite as children, in front of our black sitter, unaware of the insult. She chastised me and opened my eyes, at an early age. That turning point slowly formed my attitude of accepting others as my equal before God. My judgment of others is based upon their actions, not their pigment.

If that black woman had spanked me instead, I’m sure my attitude would be different. The lesson I’m trying to convey is that retaliatory tactics have the opposite of the desired effect, and resolve nothing.

Non sequitur

I read the article. Looks like a bad guy did some real bad things and will soon be sentenced accordingly. It doesn't appear that the police acted brutally or unfairly in this case.

I didn't understand what you meant by your post. Is it time to make an example, storm the jail and hang the man? Of course that's not a real question, as that's obviously a terrible and evil idea. Let him have a fair trial and let the judicial system sort this out.

What does this have to do with CRT?
It sucks that people have been victims of racist behavior and systems. Things now are much better than they were then. It's not fair to blame people today for injustices of the distant past. If there are injustices today, I want to know about them so we can fix them.

I disagree with any teaching or training that says we should treat others differently based on the color of their skin. "Love one another" is the way past this.
If you rob, rape, or murder, you get kicked off the island.
If you want back on go busts rocks for 5, 20, and 40 years respectfully while wearing earbuds repeating I deserve my punishment I am sorry for hurting my victims I will repay for the injuries that I have done.

Maybe they will be reformed and able to rejoin society. Society owes them nothing, not even sympathy.

vantexan

I read the article. Looks like a bad guy did some real bad things and will soon be sentenced accordingly. It doesn't appear that the police acted brutally or unfairly in this case.

I didn't understand what you meant by your post. Is it time to make an example, storm the jail and hang the man? Of course that's not a real question, as that's obviously a terrible and evil idea. Let him have a fair trial and let the judicial system sort this out.

It sucks that people have been victims of racist behavior and systems. Things now are much better than they were then. It's not fair to blame people today for injustices of the distant past. If there are injustices today, I want to know about them so we can fix them.

I disagree with any teaching or training that says we should treat others differently based on the color of their skin. "Love one another" is the way past this.
You make excellent points. But the problem is there are millions of white men in this country who's height of existence after working hard all week is to get drunk and hopefully get laid on the weekend. Not even talking about the overly zealous who join militias or storm capitol buildings. A lot of these guys are well armed too. If they keep getting poked in the eye, being told their white skin makes them trash, sooner or later there are going to be violent outbreaks where a lot of innocent people get killed. If the leaders of these movements that are pushing riots in the streets don't tone it down at some point there will be a backlash. Guys like this one will be lynched. And we'll be reverting back to a dark period in our history.

floridays

It was a post only to provoke thought.

BLM was thrust upon this nation based on a lie, "Hands up don't shoot."
They make other wild claims and disrupt a "civil" society for one reason, to turn it on end.

Most BLM jack wads I see are liberal, white college age Marxists and social miscreants.
Their playbook includes CRT as they are adherents to Marxist philosophy.
I challenge you ask any BLM activist if they subscribe to the tenants of CRT, 100% will say yes.

My point or means I attempted was,

Is it time to turn the table, put some truth to the lies they propagate to dismantle our Republic?

I should have been more clear. I do like when people wonder, "What is this jackass up to now?" though.

Give them exactly what they claim, put some current day truth to the lies they spew.

floridays

If you rob, rape, or murder, you get kicked off the island.
If you want back on go busts rocks for 5, 20, and 40 years respectfully while wearing earbuds repeating I deserve my punishment I am sorry for hurting my victims I will repay for the injuries that I have done.

Maybe they will be reformed and able to rejoin society. Society owes them nothing, not even sympathy.
Incarceration should be punishment, not rehabilitation or reformation.
My opinion.

If the light bulb (if they have one) in their head comes on that is an added benefit.

tadpole

He said nothing of the sort.

This assumption is rich, "making people more racist" your starting point is they are.
Apologies if I put words in anyone's mouth. I'm trying to make sense of everything. So we're worried about backlash to BLM. What would that look like?

I didn't mean to generalize that people are racist. But I think that BLM/CRT is increasing racial tension. I thought that was the point @Fred's Myth was making.

For example, when I see a yard sign that says "White Silence = Violence" my first instinct is to feel like I, as a white guy, am under attack. Even though I want everybody to be treated fairly, and I don't wish harm on anyone, I am perceived as a violent oppressor?

Honestly, that makes me slightly more afraid to be around black people, because I subconsciously wonder if they subscribe to that line of thinking, that they might be upset with white people. And if I feel like someone is treating me unfairly, I might (sinfully) not treat them well in return.

On the other hand, if black people are being taught that white people are evil, they could be more likely to hate.

I think increased racial tension leads to an increase of racism.

tadpole

It was a post only to provoke thought.

BLM was thrust upon this nation based on a lie, "Hands up don't shoot."
They make other wild claims and disrupt a "civil" society for one reason, to turn it on end.

Most BLM jack wads I see are liberal, white college age Marxists and social miscreants.
Their playbook includes CRT as they are adherents to Marxist philosophy.
I challenge you ask any BLM activist if they subscribe to the tenants of CRT, 100% will say yes.

My point or means I attempted was,

Is it time to turn the table, put some truth to the lies they propagate to dismantle our Republic?

I should have been more clear. I do like when people wonder, "What is this jackass up to now?" though.

Give them exactly what they claim, put some current day truth to the lies they spew.
I agree, it is always a good time to expose flawed thinking/ideas.

I didn't see how bringing up this particular instance of violence was helpful. I hadn't thought it possible to revert to darker periods.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
For example, when I see a yard sign that says "White Silence = Violence" my first instinct is to feel like I, as a white guy, am under attack. Even though I want everybody to be treated fairly, and I don't wish harm on anyone, I am perceived as a violent oppressor?

Honestly, that makes me slightly more afraid to be around black people, because I subconsciously wonder if they subscribe to that line of thinking, that they might be upset with white people. And if I feel like someone is treating me unfairly, I might (sinfully) not treat them well in return.
That's how they want you to feel.

If you want to know what these people want America to turn into then just look at South Africa.

El Correcto

god is dead
If gang bangers(not just black people) realized that the jail would be stormed and they would be brutally lynched by the masked up community for killing an innocent man in their community they would choose another area code to conduct their business in. Just saying lynch mob justice isn’t all bad. It gets a bad rap.

El Correcto

god is dead
Even black Americans have embraced the second amendment and lynch mob justice when it comes to dope dealers and gang bangers.

If law enforcement isn’t doing their job and justice isn’t being served I expect the same to happen again.

Box Ox

Here's the cropped down version in case any of the hard lefties on here want to make it their new avatar.

1-BLMmatters.jpg

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
The damn white peoples.
They done had over 600,000 casualties in dat Civil War freeing black peoples from slavery.

If’n I has a crystal ball, l bets 150 years from now, daze shore be a showin da white peoples appreciation fa what theys did.

Box Ox

The damn white peoples.
They done had over 600,000 casualties in dat Civil War freeing black peoples from slavery.

If’n I has a crystal ball, l bets 150 years from now, daze shore be a showin da white peoples appreciation fa what theys did.

When’s your next minstrel show?