Time to retire

Discussion in 'UPS Retirement Topics' started by Yrdum, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Yrdum

Yrdum New Member

I can retire this summer 30 years combined service 5 years part time 25 full time local 710 pension will be 50 does anybody know with my part time pension with 30 years total will I have to wait til 65 to get that or will ups buy out that part time pension

2. PT Crazy

PT Crazy Active Member

Send an email to Atlanta and get the answer.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  3. rod

rod #1 on Upstates "list"

This isn't the place to get correct answers to your questions. Contact your Local.

4. Shiftless

Shiftless Active Member

I have to admit I have been retired a long time. Next anniversary coming up will be 15 years retired. So take it for what its worth from me.

I don't know the Teamster Retirement Region in Illinois at all. I can tell you as I experienced in my region, if you were under 50 at the time of retirement you couldn't get health insurance. I was 49 when I walked out the door. But ran all my unused time past 50 with a ton of Vacation and Sick leave to physically leave early.

Best Advice I can give you is get your facts straight! Before you leap! Don't break service if your facts aren't all together on the money and health benefits about your retirement!

I have never regretted leaving at such a young age. I Planned well so I wouldn't have to work again. It was well worth the road I chose at UPS and after having been reaping the pension and health rewards I am one Happy Camper!

Good Luck! You wont believe it once your retired. At first its like vacation then it sinks in!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

go to the source for a good answer.