Tips for starting out as a driver

ManInBrown

Thread #942,565 I’m an off the street hire, any tips on how i can get hired permanent. When I was 15 i drove an ice cream truck for two summers so I have experience driving. Will that give me a leg up?

Re-Raise

I have a few felony convictions. No theft, sex, violence, or drugs, but still very much the opposite of "pretty good."

Maybe I don’t get out enough..but aren’t those like all of the things you could possibly have a felony conviction for?

You are anonymous here, what did you do?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Sorry, my bad. Next question will go there.

What does that mean? I'm new!

Seasonal, as far as I know. They said it's increasingly likely they will be offering a lot of FT positions in January, but I'm not counting on it.

I have a few felony convictions. No theft, sex, violence, or drugs, but still very much the opposite of "pretty good."

Lol

How many is a few

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
So drunk driving, financial crimes, property crimes, or war crimes. NICE!!!
Forget driving for a career, you might be too much of a wildcard for that. Stick around though because there will be plenty of management opportunities where your previous "skillsets" might come in handy. And no, I'm not kidding.

Welcome to Brown Cafe anyways! Hang around for a bit, I think you will like it here.

Maybe I don’t get out enough..but aren’t those like all of the things you could possibly have a felony conviction for?

You are anonymous here, what did you do?

I forgot organized crime, but then again those crimes usually involve crimes against persons AND financial crimes so...scratch that.

Re-Raise

Did you record and rebroadcast an NFL game without the expressed written permission of the NFL?!?

Or maybe took one of those tags off of a mattress that you aren’t supposed to remove?

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
Thread #942,565 I’m an off the street hire, any tips on how i can get hired permanent. When I was 15 i drove an ice cream truck for two summers so I have experience driving. Will that give me a leg up?
Only two summers? Sounds like you're more qualified for FedEx. Three summers or above and you've got a deal.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I should've been more clear that although I'm trying to drive right now, I don't know of all the positions within UPS, and I want to see if maybe there's other good, maybe even better paths for me, especially if I don't qualify.

Vandalism. A few drunkenly broken windows over $1k = a few felonies.

Awww man...criminal damage, you really let us down. I was hoping for a good Ponzi scheme or embezzlement case or even a torch job. The guys who topple soda machines have a more checkered past than you do and they cause more heartache than a few broken windows.

Forget what I said. You will be better off as a driver. You will probably be an awesome driver. You just don't have the criminality to go into management. Again, good luck and stick around.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Awww man...criminal damage, you really let us down. I was hoping for a good Ponzi scheme or embezzlement case or even a torch job. The guys who topple soda machines have a more checkered past than you do and they cause more heartache than a few broken windows.

Forget what I said. You will be better off as a driver. You will probably be an awesome driver. You just don't have the criminality to go into management. Again, good luck and stick around.
He may be a criminal but not sure he would go so far as to instruct drivers to sheet damaged pkgs as future.