tips/help

old levi's

blank space
220 miles, assuming a constant rate of 65mph (completely unrealistic, but let's be conservative), works out to 3.4 hours just driving that distance. Add in an hour lunch, and that's 4.4 hours without delivering a single package.

That sounds like a really, really long day.

We have two routes that will hit 220 quite often. I did a little over 300 on one of those during peak one year. Had to come back to the building to drop my pickups and get fuel. Not talking about 5 or 10 miles back to the building. This was back in the day when a missed piece was unacceptable! Anybody remember that concept?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have two routes that will hit 220 quite often. I did a little over 300 on one of those during peak one year. Had to come back to the building to drop my pickups and get fuel. Not talking about 5 or 10 miles back to the building. This was back in the day when a missed piece was unacceptable! Anybody remember that concept?

I don't doubt the mileage--we have a couple of high mile runs as well--but do either of those two runs dispatch anywhere near 160 stops? Our high mile runs usually go out around 100 stops and don't usually break 200 miles.

badpal.

avoiding brown kool-aid
I go out with 95-110 stops a day, around 40 miles and 4-500 pieces. Pickup 2-300. I can't wait to bid off this route.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
It is possible if each town he can deliver 20 sphr. Are the villages pretty tight? Our big OT area does 90 stops/ 240 miles for 9.5 day. 5 pick ups for the week

menotyou

bella amicizia
He knows where people work. He can unload 6/7 stops at the local tractor store on any given day. I'm not saying that's every day. It does occur, though. And, one day during peak, I was his helper. 220 stops. Only 5.99 hours don't ya know! And randy and dawn have similar routes. Randy and Kevin go in the same sort of direction. They can help each other if need be. Dawns route it along the river and inland going north. Not much help when she gets out there. That was one of the trucks at the stop sign in Theresa. Paul was driving then, Dave.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I can't imagine 220 stops for x-mas. To be done at 9pm on my area is 130- that will be about 220- or more miles for me- my meet is a 40 mile round trip. Is that center out of Plattsburgh or utica?

DS

Fenderbender
As I said, I delivered 158 stops, made 28 pickups and drove 52 city miles yesterday. So you actually had 186 stops?The speed limit is 30 mph (40 mph for 3 of my pickups). I took my 10 minute break and 45 minute lunch and punched out at 1812. I will be at least 2 hours under on the OR.You need a time study Quadrupling the miles would add at least 3 hours based on highway speeds, closer to 4 or 5 for some of the back roads I am sure he has to cover.

The math does not support what is an otherwise nice story.

Upstate.
Dave, you are a delivery GOD,except once of course.
I had a sup with me Tuesday, 76 deliveries 188 pkgs,
23 reg p/u and 14 oncalls,p/u 295 pkgs , about 80 miles,punched out 20:15.I was
sure I ran scratch...nope 143 overallowed...
I guess delivering in upstate NY is a cakewalk compared to the rest of north America.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I can't imagine 220 stops for x-mas. To be done at 9pm on my area is 130- that will be about 220- or more miles for me- my meet is a 40 mile round trip. Is that center out of Plattsburgh or utica?
Mine? Watertown. Upstate lives in the Bubble of Goodness(Plattsburgh)

cino321

I could never picture doing that kind of work like you guys are doing upstate, that's unheard of to us down here. Regular day out here on a residential route is like 130-150 stops, 10-20 miles. Granted we really don't driver release too much.

AKX

10-20 miles, sign me up. I generally run 85-95 stops 160 -170 miles. 5 pickups that might amount to 50 pieces. Some days I bring it home in under 9 hours some days it takes me over 10. Each day is different and so are the stops no matter if the address is the same.

cino321

10-20 miles, sign me up. I generally run 85-95 stops 160 -170 miles. 5 pickups that might amount to 50 pieces. Some days I bring it home in under 9 hours some days it takes me over 10. Each day is different and so are the stops no matter if the address is the same.

I'll trade with you right now