Tips

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Residental customer handed my helper an envelope, which he handed to me. Had a 25.00 kohl card, I gave it to the helper.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Once upon a time I delivered to a former driver whose route was in a specific neighborhood in Midtown Manhattan, NYC. (47 between 5 & 6 for those of you who can identify neighborhoods by block numbers).

When I was covering the route he lived on he was a working inside as a clerk so he's probably long retired by now, but he would tell me that he would crack 5-figures in tips every year, no sweat.

I couldn't even imagine.

Last edited:

MaceFremonti

My peak record was a little over $5000 in tips. I was on my route for almost 15 years and the least I ever made at peak was $1800. That's not counting various beers, wines, and presents.

Last peak was my first in feeders and I still got almost $500 from my old delivery customers......handful of cards from them this but no cash. Guy who took my route is a young, good looking, muscled, ex marine so apparently I have been almost forgotten.

The first peak on that route I had a hedge fund/stock brokerage type firm apologize to me for ONLY giving me $1000 at Christmas since they had a slow year it was the best they could do. When they moved off my route a few years later I was quite disappointed.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Big question is..... How many of y'all tell your wives how much you REALLY get in tips?

I do, cause as a cover driver I usually didn't get jack so when I would, I'd brag about it lol.

Cookies and homemade sweets were usually good enough for me. Although last year at an office building there was a nice looking chesty woman who was a HUGE flirt and well a couple long, very tight hugs before peak ended were nice too. She also gave me snacks.

Maybe she was trying to het to my heart through my stomach.....or some other body part :o

upsman68

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1419046845.288262.jpg

This is what I received today. I love my customers

S

selfcancelsignal

Got a $10 yesterday. Gave it to my helper. Got 9 powdered red velvet cookies the other day. Gave 5 to my helper & I had 4.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
I was helping in an affluent neighborhood earlier in the week and a customer handed the driver two cards: one for him ($100), one for me ($20). He kept them both.

Last year I was helping on a route I've worked as a helper on for 10+ years. Every year on the last day of school, a private school gives me and the driver a certificate for a Honeybaked ham. A swing driver was filling in for the regular driver, who was out for the day with pneumonia. Of course, he felt he was entitled to both cards, despite them being labeled with our (mine & reg driver) names.

mundele

Candy and a gift certificate for the local deli so far. Throughout this past year I've been given wine and some $20 cash tips.

What sucks is all the good residential stops that regularly hand out tips this time of year are being covered by a guy who has been driving less than a year. Already reports of many mis-delivered and the schools being missed for days. :/

At least my helper isn't trying to take the tips like a guy I had (for a day) last year.

box_beeyotch

I do, cause as a cover driver I usually didn't get jack so when I would, I'd brag about it lol.

Cookies and homemade sweets were usually good enough for me. Although last year at an office building there was a nice looking chesty woman who was a HUGE flirt and well a couple long, very tight hugs before peak ended were nice too. She also gave me snacks.

Maybe she was trying to het to my heart through my stomach.....or some other body part :o

Got one of those on my route who's a divorcee, planning on nailing her to the wall.

chris9834

When I was a route driver for FDXG on the same route everyday I would get Christmas gifts...now I just get wheres so and such at? is he or she on vacation? lmao

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
When I was a young swing driver, if a customer tried to hand me a gift I would always tell them they should wait for the regular driver. Some would but others would tell me the gift was for me and they had another for the regular guy. I think it's pretty low if a fill in guy poaches another drivers gifts.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Some would but others would tell me the gift was for me and they had another for the regular guy. I think it's pretty low if a fill in guy poaches another drivers gifts.

My first peak as a driver, I got a generic card and $20 from this little Doctor's office. I asked them if it was meant for their normal driver and they said "no, it's for you" so I held onto it. I've been given gifts for the usual drivers before and I always make sure they get to who they're intended for.