To FedEx Management:

MAKAVELI

Here is one example I have of misallocation of resources, followed by my address to anyone at FedEx bothering to read this drivel. Maybe a contractor or FedEx manager can explain this to me, concerning disputed deliveries. I worked a very smile*ty route. I learned very quickly that FedEx will not back you up in any regard. I hate FedEx, but I am no slouch. I delivered everything right, and cut no corners. I rarely brought back packages, and never had any misdeliveries. I'd get about 2 or 3 disputed deliveries every month, and I couldn't figure out why. I always dropped at the right house and if in doubt I'd go back, and more often than not, the disputes happened in the hood, so I figured they were just being stolen or the customer wanted something for free. The terminal manager would make me contact the customer, and for some reason, go out to the house and leave a door tag. I have no problem contacting the customer, explaining I dropped the package and don't know what happened from there. It infuriated me that I had to go back to the house (not a short distance on my route) and leave a door tag. It wasted 30 minutes of my day, every time I got a dispute. Anyway..... here's what I need an answer on.

Disputes continued, on average about 3 per month. I wised up and started taking pictures of every single package I delivered where I felt a dispute would arise. The pictures on my phone always showed the box at the door, the address on the house, and I'd try to angle it a bit so the "G" or "H" was visible on the label, as well as the date and time stamp on the photo. Sure enough, I received two disputes one week, and I had photos of the deliveries the week prior. The terminal manager would not accept this as proof that they were delivered and still strongly "suggested" I go out to each house and leave a door tag. I told him no, as this would have been 45 minutes wasted on a day when I was heavy. I called the customers and told them I delivered their stuff, had proof, and it was stolen or gone. Why the waste of resources and the plain idiocy? WHY DOES FEDEX STILL INSIST I AM TO BLAME, WITH THE TRUTH STARING THEM IN THE FACE? They seem to want to do anything to shift blame away from them, away from the customer, all on to me. Ironically, I had my "surprise" quarterly inspection the next day, after my van was loaded. One of my green ground stickers had a small hole in it. He made me get a patch for it in town before I could leave. That hole had been there the past 11 months of inspections with him.

TO FRED: Sorry to disturb your golf game and/or your private tour of Doilywood, but if you're out there (or one of your 19 year old interns) I hope you read this and all other posts on this board! Your slave arm of FedEx (Ground) is full of good, hard working people. But it's also full of scum and corruption. More than that, it's full of mismanagement of resources and bad decision making. The millions or billions you save because your cheap ass doesn't want to provide benefits and a living wage to workers is less than what you would save if you had good frontline people to begin with. YOU LOSE MORE MONEY BY WASTING RESOURCES, AND YOU DESERVE LOSING ALL OF IT! Freddy, I would love to see UPS gobble your entire company up. I would love to see Congress or some government agency fine you into oblivion. But more than that, I would love to see you sink yourself. Your current practices with Ground are sending you down that path, albeit a slow one. If you do somehow stay in business, I hope the big unions of this country twist, pillage, and rebuild your slave empire into something you only saw in your nightmares. A union controlled, fair wage paying company with benefits, pensions and time off. A place where you and the managers have to negotiate with the very people you despise just to even stay in business. Have a pleasant day.

E7 In the words of the Geto Boys Gangster of love "Move along to the next trick"
One of the best rap groups of the 90's .My all time favorite "mind playing tricks on me"

HomeDelivery

ghetto areas, or "high risk" areas deserve a doortag & DEX code 07 if you can't ISR it... if you were paid salary & not by the stop then you shouldn't have DR it in the 1st place

it's not that hard to look at the surroundings of a neighborhood to see if it's a DR area or not. As for covering those types of areas as a swing, i actually told management to find someone else to do them or pay me a bigger flat rate for those areas because i know that i'll be returning with a bunch of code 07 re-attempts

as for flat screen TVs that the shipper (usually walmart or amazon) was too cheap to add a Signature Required option, i still won't DR it unless they are in a super nice neighborhood & a covered porch w/ cameras...

Epoisode7

E7 In the words of the Geto Boys Gangster of love "Move along to the next trick"
LOL

ghetto areas, or "high risk" areas deserve a doortag & DEX code 07 if you can't ISR it... if you were paid salary & not by the stop then you shouldn't have DR it in the 1st place

it's not that hard to look at the surroundings of a neighborhood to see if it's a DR area or not. As for covering those types of areas as a swing, i actually told management to find someone else to do them or pay me a bigger flat rate for those areas because i know that i'll be returning with a bunch of code 07 re-attempts

as for flat screen TVs that the shipper (usually walmart or amazon) was too cheap to add a Signature Required option, i still won't DR it unless they are in a super nice neighborhood & a covered porch w/ cameras...
Interesting. Day 1 instructions from my contractor were: Driver release everything. The only thing you need a person present/signature for are apartments, direct/indirect signs, and businesses. Sounded simple, so I never argued. I had over 100 pictures on my phone during peak just of those crappy 42inch Vizio TV's from Walmart. They sold like crazy for some reason. I DR them in the hood, in the country club, and everywhere in between.
I'm no slouch. This is SOP around here. I was one of the more thorough drivers, if you can fathom that. Your jaw would drop if you knew what some of these drivers do.

sjh

Your post is confusing to me. How? I can't raise it on myself. I did the only thing I could, and got out, and got a better paying job. And I doubt any contractors are going to raise pay, just for the purpose of ethics. To raise the pay, I would have to buy a route, hire a driver, and pay him 40-50k per year. The idea of paying a driver that does not bother me. But.. the process of me buying and operating a route would be perpetuating the very cycle that I despise so much, even if I did pay my driver(s) what they deserve. Let's hypothetically consider that I did do that. Let's say I pay one or two driver 50k per year. There are 5,000 contractors nation wide. That would make me 1/5000th of the equation. That's a maximum of .02% of all FedEx ground. It's even lower, because contractors many times own more than one route. .02% is not enough of a stake in a company to make even a marginal change. It's like spitting into a lake.

Curious what makes you think that you as a contractor could afford to pay your driver(s) $50k a year? And only owning one route? Well, for one, you'd have to own two or form a partnership with other single route owners. But unless you're running your route pro bono, there is no way you could afford to pay your driver $50k. You seem to think FedEx is generous with their contractors or something.

Nick9075

Curious what makes you think that you as a contractor could afford to pay your driver(s) $50k a year? And only owning one route? Well, for one, you'd have to own two or form a partnership with other single route owners. But unless you're running your route pro bono, there is no way you could afford to pay your driver $50k. You seem to think FedEx is generous with their contractors or something.

Yes I agree. It is nearly impossible to find drivers who are willing to work for ground or home delivery for the average rate of pay that a driver for ground or home delivery makes with no benefits either. This isn't 2009 or 2010,with 9% or 10% unemployment, most people aren't that desperate or stupid. I couldn't believe that someone thought $1000 a week is too much to pay a driver. I said that in this economy you aren't going to find anyone who can qualify if you pay less but good luck with that if you think you can