To the ISPs

1fedexFAILURE

A
I don't know what to say on this anymore. I certainly don't dislike what I do, but if anyone is thinking they will suddenly have free reign over every aspect of their business, well that's simply not going to happen. It's always something with this :censored2: company and the something always costs money and it always comes from the ISP'S bottom line. "Oh, just put together a request for renegotiation," they'll say. I have not met a single person who has felt that renegotiation (or first negotiation) was fair or even that the company listened to a thing. They are going to pay $X + or - 3.5% and that's it. Put the money in any "bucket" you want. Doesn't matter. When you come close to $X, added money in one bucket is simply subtracted from another. Your vehicles will have quarterly reviews and if not up to a subjective par, they will be "not deadlined". That is to say deadlined but under different terminology because technically they can't "deadline" a vehicle.

Your drivers will leave for Express because you won't be able to pay Express compensation and your cycle will begin again trying to find a replacement from local pizza joints, Craigslist, anyone who can pass a background check and meets minimum requirements. Inevitably in the first year or so that new driver will be involved in one or more accidents, have complaints, misdeliveries, be late, quit...but in these endeavors make no mistake about it --you are independent.

All that sound like it sucks? Yeah, sometimes. FedEx is just like every other global company tbough. High demands, relatively low return. All about the investors.

All that being said, I've had worse jobs and I'm optimistic about the future even though part of me thinks FDX will just keep more and more for itself.

Honestly, the happiest guys on our building were the guys with good routes who sold out for 6 figures. The least happy are the guys who Overpaid for routes that eventually could have been had for next to nothing.
As much as it's nice to see you call it as is and make point that I very thing is not all well here in fairy tell world..I personally was disappointed to see the language in your post..we are all grown boys and girls here but don't you think that was just a bit too much?

1fedexFAILURE

A
I don't know what to say on this anymore. I certainly don't dislike what I do, but if anyone is thinking they will suddenly have free reign over every aspect of their business, well that's simply not going to happen. It's always something with this :censored2: company and the something always costs money and it always comes from the ISP'S bottom line. "Oh, just put together a request for renegotiation," they'll say. I have not met a single person who has felt that renegotiation (or first negotiation) was fair or even that the company listened to a thing. They are going to pay $X + or - 3.5% and that's it. Put the money in any "bucket" you want. Doesn't matter. When you come close to $X, added money in one bucket is simply subtracted from another. Your vehicles will have quarterly reviews and if not up to a subjective par, they will be "not deadlined". That is to say deadlined but under different terminology because technically they can't "deadline" a vehicle.

Your drivers will leave for Express because you won't be able to pay Express compensation and your cycle will begin again trying to find a replacement from local pizza joints, Craigslist, anyone who can pass a background check and meets minimum requirements. Inevitably in the first year or so that new driver will be involved in one or more accidents, have complaints, misdeliveries, be late, quit...but in these endeavors make no mistake about it --you are independent.

All that sound like it sucks? Yeah, sometimes. FedEx is just like every other global company tbough. High demands, relatively low return. All about the investors.

All that being said, I've had worse jobs and I'm optimistic about the future even though part of me thinks FDX will just keep more and more for itself.

Honestly, the happiest guys on our building were the guys with good routes who sold out for 6 figures. The least happy are the guys who Overpaid for routes that eventually could have been had for next to nothing.
As much as it's nice to see you call it as is and make point that I very thing is not all well here in fairy tell world..I personally was disappointed to see the language in your post..we are all grown boys and girls here but don't you think that was just a bit too much?

dawg94

So how does the isp transition work? If there are different home delivery and ground contractors in same zip code how do they determine who gets that zip code and what happens to the one that gets left out?

Crozz

So how does the isp transition work? If there are different home delivery and ground contractors in same zip code how do they determine who gets that zip code and what happens to the one that gets left out?
Be nice to know everyone has a gag order. The older ISP didn't go through the zip issue with ground and HD. Only way we get to know what truly is going on is if we can get organ, Cali, or Washington contractors to speak. The new transition is different then the past 17 states that flipped.

bbsam

Staff member
A
No I do not but I understand some might. I'm in the trucking industry. This language is not the least bit salty as far as I'm concerned.

FedGT

Will those guys ever get their million dollars back? They will be lucky to break even. I think the generation that got in on the ground floor did well or will do well. Buy fedex stock it's a better bet. If you can't beat them join them. I would not risk that kind of money with the curve balls they throw at you.

Honestly, yeah.I am one of those on the very low end. The Contractor I bought out ran his trucks into the ground so that set me back almost a year but now I am on track to come ahead by the end of next year. With all that being said I will admit that I got pretty lucky with how much all these routes have expanded.
Does everyone have annoyances that they have to deal with FedEx, yes. Fact of the matter is this is a pretty fair investment if you buy in at scale or larger, the return is decent, I will give the stress is high but show me any other business that your stress isn't high? Seems to me if you do what they expect of you not too often are they on your back.

Bounty

I am a single and maybe a little bitter with this isp stuff. So I made my decision to get out and move on. I am actually going to look forward to Christmas this year.Good luck to all that keep fighting this monster. It's weird, because everyone knew it was coming and worrying about it but now that it has come I actually feel relieved. MOVING ON!

1fedexFAILURE

No I do not but I understand some might. I'm in the trucking industry. This language is not the least bit salty as far as I'm concerned.
I'm in the trucking industry as well and anytime you bring GOD into the conversation it should be with the highest regard no matter what you may do for a living..

Crozz

Honestly, yeah.I am one of those on the very low end. The Contractor I bought out ran his trucks into the ground so that set me back almost a year but now I am on track to come ahead by the end of next year. With all that being said I will admit that I got pretty lucky with how much all these routes have expanded.
Does everyone have annoyances that they have to deal with FedEx, yes. Fact of the matter is this is a pretty fair investment if you buy in at scale or larger, the return is decent, I will give the stress is high but show me any other business that your stress isn't high? Seems to me if you do what they expect of you not too often are they on your back.
Totally agree not all business men are meant to own fedex routes. Not all contractors treat their employees fair and that's a shame. It's not a long term career for drivers I know that and contractors should know that. Let's be honest no man can run 150 stops daily in a residential for more than 10 years it's wear and tear on the body. If I get a lifer in my fleet I find him a slow out of town route. When a guy gives me a two weeks notice and moves on to his next adventure then I gladly give him a great reference. So is ground contractors the best to work for no but as a young man after two years of experience goes to an interview and says I work for a contractor for fedex and they get a good job because of his experience. As a contractor you should feel good you where a stepping stone for someone to advance.

Purplepackage

Totally agree not all business men are meant to own fedex routes. Not all contractors treat their employees fair and that's a shame. It's not a long term career for drivers I know that and contractors should know that. Let's be honest no man can run 150 stops daily in a residential for more than 10 years it's wear and tear on the body. If I get a lifer in my fleet I find him a slow out of town route. When a guy gives me a two weeks notice and moves on to his next adventure then I gladly give him a great reference. So is ground contractors the best to work for no but as a young man after two years of experience goes to an interview and says I work for a contractor for fedex and they get a good job because of his experience. As a contractor you should feel good you where a stepping stone for someone to advance.

That's true putting fedex on an application looks really good. But that's the thing fedex ground cannot be made a career, honestly after 10 years at ground,express, UPS it doesn't matter your knees are never the same, if you were an athlete when you were young after 10 years of this job your knees are most likely :censored2:ed.

That being said if you get a job with express and you have an actually brain the chances are your manager will push you into aspire and try to get you into management asap, at which time this job becomes a career

bbsam

Staff member
That's a shame you feel that way..you don't have to account to me I was only pointing out what really should be avoided here.. It's a shame your not willing to admit it..
I fail to see how I was accounting to you for anything. I simply find your show of piety trite and perhaps a tad bit pompous.

Bounty

...said the Pharisee to the Samaritan.
I am not at all offended at your language, but bbsam what offends me is that you are blind to the fact that you really don't own anything. I believe that the company will try this isp nonsense for a while until it is brought to court in every state. I know you know it all, but don't hang on too long just make sure you get out with something before they use you up. Just some advice.

bbsam

Staff member
I am not at all offended at your language, but bbsam what offends me is that you are blind to the fact that you really don't own anything. I believe that the company will try this isp nonsense for a while until it is brought to court in every state. I know you know it all, but don't hang on too long just make sure you get out with something before they use you up. Just some advice.
Your opinion is not new here. Everything points to FedEx continuing this model for years and years to come. The court battles you envision may come but they are of little import. Until the overer-arching laws that govern contracting laws are changed, Ground and their legal team will simply "revise and improve" the Agreement. The law is vague for a reason. It isn't just FDX that takes advantage of it. Every industry does.

No Congress is going to rock that ship for the sake of a couple thousand Ground contractors.
And it's not like the ISP model is new. Been out for a decade or so now. Never challenged. Why do you think that is? If lawyers are quick and persistent to go after the contractor model, why are they leaving the ISP model alone?

It will be fine

To add to that, ISP has been around in the most employee friendly states. The ones where FedEx was easily losing their classification battles. If it was thin it would be attacked everywhere.

FedGT

This argument I do not understand. Everyone is always attacking the IC model which has lasted 2 decades saying "it is just a matter of time" since day one. Now everyone will be going ISP and again "it's just a matter of time" so in the next 10-20 years when possibly a new model is implemented to combat claims that won't go anywhere and Ground has quadrupled in size everyone will be saying again "it's just a matter of time". How many decades does it have to go before it is no longer a matter of time???