To Wear boots or not to wear boots, that is the question

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
For inside employees the guideline is simply sturdy footwear with slip resistant soles. Regular sneakers do not have slip resistant soles. Management cannot force you to wear boots. They can't make their own local guidelines that conflict with corporate policies.

Anthonysg0113

I wore boots just on instinct when I worked preload, we know what's being shipped through the system. Then I got a composite toe. I mean, your inside protect those feet!!

SquirrelBoggie

Well when the SS can't find anything else to get on you,, they'll probably point to your shoes !!
You just keep being a tool, just cause something is recommended does not mean it is required. I've seen people get there toes smashed and/or sliced with steel toes on. I just wanted to know how each hub/center handle footwear. This isn't a battle of wits but, I'll be damned if I'll let these punk a s s supervisors make rules to use against me

9.5 everyday

Half the guys in my center wear shoes, half boots. As long as they are polishable, no one gets harassed. Just make sure you have on your $6 UPS socks.

browner89

Half the guys in my center wear shoes, half boots. As long as they are polishable, no one gets harassed. Just make sure you have on your $6 UPS socks.

Do you work inside or as a driver? That's absolutely ridiculous they'd force you to wear UPS socks and polishable shoes inside the center, drivers in mine aren't even required to wear polishable footwear, just black or brown, ups socks only required in shorts.

Edit: your name, obv a driver, disregard my post, lol.