Today In The New York Times

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
First let me say and biasedly so, that the NYT is the greatest newspaper in America. Beyond its news, investigative reporting, and opinion columnist from all political backgrounds, this paper is second to none for Arts/Sciences/Style/Food/Tech/Real Estate/Health and more, coverage. Its online Magazines have award winning in depth articles and stories. One of my favorite sections is their Book Reviews which just turned 125 years old. I have found so many great books to read in my over 30 years of reading the Times that I never would have known about if it weren't for this section. Many are available for free at your local library.

There is a thread on BC asking what are you drinking? We should think about a thread asking, what are you reading?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
They were so thoughtful allowing the Hillary Clinton team to edit out material they wanted to hide from the voters.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
First let me say and biasedly so, that the NYT is the greatest newspaper in America.
Oh cool so you like the Holocaust denying radical left wing New York Slimes.... Not at all surprising
Go get a copy of this and educate yourself:
5_262019_518ty0p0ebl8201_c1-0-2933-1710_s885x516-1-640x400.jpg

Unfreedom of the Press is an unabashed condemnation of the current status of the majority of media outlets in America. Instead of being a source of unbiased information, the media has evolved into a propaganda monstrosity which, in effect, has become the worst enemy of true freedom of the press. The author states that the book is about “how those entrusted with news reporting in the modern media are destroying freedom of the press from within” and, unlike early American patriots, have become “hostile to America’s founding principles, traditions and institutions. They do not promote free speech and free press, despite their self serving and self righteous claims. Indeed, they serve as social filters attempting to enforce uniformity of thought and social and political activism centered on the progressive ideology and agenda.”

Last edited:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The bias in the NY Times is not only what they print but also facts they leave out and angles of stories they select to magnify. It's a way of selectively focusing on their agenda.

Another classic move they pull is burying stories deep in the paper including unfavourable corrections.

rickyb

First let me say and biasedly so, that the NYT is the greatest newspaper in America. Beyond its news, investigative reporting, and opinion columnist from all political backgrounds, this paper is second to none for Arts/Sciences/Style/Food/Tech/Real Estate/Health and more, coverage. Its online Magazines have award winning in depth articles and stories. One of my favorite sections is their Book Reviews which just turned 125 years old. I have found so many great books to read in my over 30 years of reading the Times that I never would have known about if it weren't for this section. Many are available for free at your local library.

There is a thread on BC asking what are you drinking? We should think about a thread asking, what are you reading?

noam chomsky and chris hedges frequently rip into the milktose liberals at the NY times.

in chris's case he was fired for speaking out against the iraq war, but his co journalist kept his job for being in favor of the war.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
noam chomsky and chris hedges frequently rip into the milktose liberals at the NY times.

in chris's case he was fired for speaking out against the iraq war, but his co journalist kept his job for being in favor of the war.
New York Times is not a perfect paper. It makes mistakes but unlike right wing media, corrects themselves. They don’t leave false stories or reports up.
The Times are accused of being liberal because they employ the best journalists in the country and their work often pierces through the disinformation of right wing media. And they don’t like that.
Some writer are milk toast liberals most are not and like I said the paper is more than it’s news and political opinions.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.

New York Times is not a perfect paper. It makes mistakes but unlike right wing media, corrects themselves. They don’t leave false stories or reports up.
The Times are accused of being liberal because they employ the best journalists in the country and their work often pierces through the disinformation of right wing media. And they don’t like that.
Some writer are milk toast liberals most are not and like I said the paper is more than it’s news and political opinions.

rickyb

at best ny times maintains the status quo

rickyb

heres super chomsky

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
heres super chomsky

Chomsky is probably one of the smartest persons in the world. And the NYT isn’t alone when it comes to criticism about supporting government policies.
What he really expresses with his comments is disappointment that the NYT wasn’t better than others.
Strange how Chomsky is poo pooed by the right until it’s served their purposes.
Yet, again, the paper is far more than just its news and commentary sections.
Their news and commentary is still the best in the country.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
If you want to start a thread with "what are you reading?", you can do that. You don't need to advertise for the New York Times.
Not advertising because his threads is just the beginning of what I’ll be sharing from the pages of the Times. The reading thread part was just an additional observation.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
I don't think anyone doubts the NYT is the greatest paper in the country, it's just whether that's meaningful to anyone and how great "greatest" really means
Yes, words can be made into semantical mush when people want to argue when they have no points of argument.

BeefiestMass

Yes, words can be made into semantical mush when people want to argue when they have no points of argument.
My opinion is most of the newspapers are biased and do some wildly manipulative :censored2:, but the liberal papers still always have better reporting (that absolutely wasn't always the case--eg pre-Murdoch New York Post was much more objective imo). In any case, the value of the newspaper is largely the format and nature of it, I think.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If you want to read about the news through the lens of radical leftism, the New York Slimes is a good place to get that.

I think it's sad when people don't realize they're getting very biased information though.

rickyb

Chomsky is probably one of the smartest persons in the world. And the NYT isn’t alone when it comes to criticism about supporting government policies.
What he really expresses with his comments is disappointment that the NYT wasn’t better than others.
Strange how Chomsky is poo pooed by the right until it’s served their purposes.
Yet, again, the paper is far more than just its news and commentary sections.
Their news and commentary is still the best in the country.
Doubt liberals like chomsky being theyre on the recieving end of his most scathing critiques