Today's new holiday (MLK), cost UPS an est. $100-125 million in just holiday pay.

DOK

Hoping it’s changed to a working holiday next year, double pickup volume was no fun. Rest of the week should be delightful.

21Savage

It was light here. But we had snow and it was cold af. Had over 15 callouts of people forfeiting their holiday pay. Had routes hanging. Had to go help take work off the hanging routes. Heat couldn't keep up with the cold. Miserable day. Thanks a lot!

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
It was asked on the Facebook retiree page if management would thank the Teamsters for negotiating MLK as a holiday and the retired management lost their collective minds

Manifesto

Whatever it was, it happened on my route. Got a fat stick in da bum today. Heavy heavy.

Thermometer in the truck never got above 0. -4 for most of the morning, which a pretty stiff 15 to 20 mph wind.
Very similar for me but maybe 10 degrees warmer. I only ended up with 107 deliveries because someone came and took 16, but of those about 70 were businesses with many bulky and they weren't all in the little town I ended up in. By the time I got there I had about 2.5 hours until my pickups started and that included my 30 minute lunch. Ran straight business and almost had missed still. Didn't touch a resi in that town till after 5.