Toilet Facilities and personal integrity.

Integrity

Binge Poster
To All,

A porter told me he found about 20 drink bottles that were apparently full of urine.

He said this is a chronic problem, these types of bottles come off the package cars.

He said they are found not only in the package cars but they are removed from the package cars and left in various places around the facility.

How disrespectful to oneself to feel so pressured to do this. What a shame!

Now about personal integrity.

Please comment on this hypothetical example:

During your morning PCM your center manager reads an urgent Corporate PCM.

The PCM reads:

During your work day when you need to urinate or defecate you are to use the closest available normal non-residential toilet facilities. You are not to urinate or defecate in public and you are not to do so in a UPS vehicle in a drink bottle or other unacceptable secondary container. You are allowed to transport yourself to the closest available normal toilet facilities when needed. We realize that individuals vary significantly in the frequency with which they need to urinate and defecate and when questioned about this the benefit of doubt will always go to the employee with special needs in this area.

Your center manager laughs after giving this PCM and he says "just keep doing what you have been doing, it works for me. Make sure you don't leave any pee bottles in your truck."

How would you respond to this with personal integrity?

Sincerely,
I

Last edited by a moderator:

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
If I've got to go, I'm going to go in a bottle. I'll pee in a bottle and dump it out immediately, and I keep it in my bag with me, no pee bottles rolling around the truck for this guy. Anyone who leaves those bottles laying around in the truck for other people to deal with is disgusting.

Integrity

Binge Poster
If I've got to go, I'm going to go in a bottle. I'll pee in a bottle and dump it out immediately, and I keep it in my bag with me, no pee bottles rolling around the truck for this guy. Anyone who leaves those bottles laying around in the truck for other people to deal with is disgusting.
superballs63,

Based upon the above example you be violating a Corporate Direction.

Please explain how you reconcile your integrity with this decision.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
Integrity,

You must be bored. You are really reaching with this one.

C
cosmo1,

I didn't ask the porter to bring this up to me. I really wish he did not.

Since he did, my conscience dictates that I put this out for discussion.

My conscience is satisfied.

Sincerely,
I

worldwide

cosmo1,

I didn't ask the porter to bring this up to me. I really wish he did not.

Since he did, my conscience dictates that I put this out for discussion.

My conscience is satisfied.

Sincerely,
I

“A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory.”
― Mark Twain

moreluck

golden ticket member
superballs63,

Sincerely,
I
People respond and you grill them further......change your screen name to char-broil!!

Integrity

Binge Poster
People respond and you grill them further......change your screen name to char-broil!!
moreluck,

Just participating in discussion.

Discussion requires dialogue.

Instead of discussing the discussion why don't you discuss the topic of the discussion.

I think your thoughts on the topic would be very beneficial to this weak thread.

Sincerely,
I

Catatonic

Nine Lives
To All,

A porter told me he found about 20 drink bottles that were apparently full of urine.

The PCM reads:

During your work day when you need to urinate or defecate
How would you respond to this with personal intergrity?

Sincerely,
I

This thread seems appropriate for you.

PS -don't you know how to spell your own name?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
In my center the directive has gone in a different direction.
Center managers here are telling drivers that they are supposed to code out all time breaking trace to get to a suitable restroom, as well as the time using the facilities, to their break time.
It's their contention that using the bathroom is personal time.
I laugh at them, but unfortunately many of my co-workers are weak and comply.
Just another case of the company throwing poop against the wall to see what will stick.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
superballs63,

Sincerely,
I

I have no problem violating corporate directions. If I followed all corporate directions, I would never finish any of the routes I run