Tools for automotive mechanic

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I think every center back then more or less stayed with one brand of engine so they didn't have to keep a bunch of different parts stocked up. Ours was a Ford center. We had a bunch of Ford Econolines (at first they were flat-tops but later switched to bubble-tops. Mostly we had P-400's -but we did have a P-600 that was the "in town" truck. I remember the day we got our first P-800. That thing looked huge!
Aah, that would be nice. I have the MB904, 4.3,4.8 and 6.0 Vortecs, 1 IHC 7.3, 1 Ford 429, T444E, VT365, Cummins 6BT, Ford 7.8. And until recently, the VT275, 1MB 2.7 5cyl(Sprinter) and Dodge 3.3V6. Can't have Red Tags, but no parts either.

mook8809

updating my first day of work was mon 12-16 my boss is working on kicking me out the door for whatever reason. i signed a bunch of policys then gave me a clutch,thrushaft bushings, fork and throw out bearing to do on a 1990. started the job at 9;30 was done at 2:30 and he told me i should of got the job done in half the time which i believe a veteran brown mechanic would have no problem doing. but he had me pull the unit in the shop and i had a hell of a time trying to figure out the key fob i asked how to use it and he told me i needed to figure it out so i pushed the button a bunch of times till the switch lit up on the dash in the mean time doors were opening and closing and all kinds of crap. how exactly does the key fob work for the telematics? since my boss wont give me a little idea of how there suppose to.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
One poke of the fob turns on the ignition. A long one opens the bulkhead. A triple tap opens the overhead door. Relax on the times they talk about. It will get better the more you do it. Peak was the worst possible time to start. You will learn a LOT of things on the go nobody ever told you about. Don't be afraid to ask for advice or information from your fellow mechanic. He wants you to do well.:imok:Your first days sound exactly like mine. Don't panic.

oldngray

nowhere special
Don't forget your towel.
0001e12972675066f9ac9a5d3b7667c0.jpg

mook8809

i was told probably next week or after he will begin to do pmi training. i watched the computer training on the pmi last night i cant believe the whole process of completing a pmi. seems near impossible to get certified on it.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
i was told probably next week or after he will begin to do pmi training. i watched the computer training on the pmi last night i cant believe the whole process of completing a pmi. seems near impossible to get certified on it.
Your supervisor should allow you some practice time. He wants you to do good as well. Remember the flow. Your continued employment depends on it.

mook8809

yah i definitly need to go through it a few times before reading these proceders they gave me to study even make sense. right now its just like reading a bunch of words.

mook8809

according to my 1 week review he said i did pretty descent so hopefully i can get my nerves to a regular level and i can concentrate more on the job.

mook8809

also a really weird convo sparked up between me and my supervisor friday night about the fleet manager possibly approaching me when my 30 packet is complete about takeing a supervisor position. i am completly confused about the whole situation like why would they want someone who still hasent figured out how to do his time card to be incharge of other mechnics? my supervisor thinks this is the best time to trap someone into management before they know how bad it sucks.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
also a really weird convo sparked up between me and my supervisor friday night about the fleet manager possibly approaching me when my 30 packet is complete about takeing a supervisor position. i am completly confused about the whole situation like why would they want someone who still hasent figured out how to do his time card to be incharge of other mechnics? my supervisor thinks this is the best time to trap someone into management before they know how bad it sucks.
Your sup is right. Most of the part time sups are people who worked under a year before being "promoted". I have no idea about the mechanics side but in general supervision at ups is not a career I would recommend.