"Top 10 Reasons To Vote No" Information Is Now Obsolete

Blackstream

If I can do it for over 20 years certainly a millennial can.

I don't think the question is can people do it so much as should they be forced to do it. I could work 6 days a week with 1 day off at minimum wage if I was forced to, but is that a good thing? Hell, I could work 7 days a week as long as I got enough sleep to recover each day, but again, is that a good thing?

60 hour weeks basically means 5 days a week you're only working and sleeping. Kind of a :censored2:ty life, especially if you want to have hobbies or a family that you actually see. Doing that for 20 years and you're basically banking on doing all your living and enjoying life once you retire. Hopefully you live long enough to make use of it... I've heard the average life expectancy for UPS retirees is like 5 years which doesn't sound like a very good deal to me.

Don't get me wrong, if you want those kind of hours, that's another matter entirely. More power to you if you have a goal or plan in mind with that kind of OT.

BrownRecycler

Existing part timers not getting catch up raises now obsolete?

Part-Time Start Rates and Wage Increases In UPS Tentative Agreement - UPS Rising

Market Rate Adjustments and Minimum
Wage Laws:

Seniority part-time employees as of August 1, 2018, who are receiving an hourly rate higher than set forth in Section (b), as a result of a Market Rate Adjustment or any minimum wage law, shall not have their wage rate reduced due to the implementation of Article 22 and shall receive the annual general wage increases in section (a).

Note: This is something that what I am scratching at because I know someone who work many years and make more than $13.

From what I am gathering from this, they will no longer get $1 an hour raise but the set general wage progression rate.

General Wage Increases (GWI) for all part-time employees who have attained seniority as of August 1, 2018:
8/1/18 = $.70
8/1/19 = $.75
8/1/20 = $.80
8/1/21 = $.90
8/1/22 = $1.00

I don't think the question is can people do it so much as should they be forced to do it. I could work 6 days a week with 1 day off at minimum wage if I was forced to, but is that a good thing? Hell, I could work 7 days a week as long as I got enough sleep to recover each day, but again, is that a good thing?

60 hour weeks basically means 5 days a week you're only working and sleeping. Kind of a :censored2:ty life, especially if you want to have hobbies or a family that you actually see. Doing that for 20 years and you're basically banking on doing all your living and enjoying life once you retire. Hopefully you live long enough to make use of it... I've heard the average life expectancy for UPS retirees is like 5 years which doesn't sound like a very good deal to me.

Don't get me wrong, if you want those kind of hours, that's another matter entirely. More power to you if you have a goal or plan in mind with that kind of OT.
It’s not that bad....I don’t work much anymore. I have some pull at my current work location. I feel like I’m semi retired now.

mikejonesjr

It actually is, but only for my region/local. There's an extra 30+ cents per year for PTers per year there, which works out to about what I would have wanted the catch-up raise to be.
Which local? And again what you posted has nothing to do with a catch up raise for part timers who arent new.

Last edited:

The Real Jack RyanMI6

We all gotta pay our dues. I was cover driver for a few years before full-time. I had 60 hour weeks almost the whole month. Go help out this guy, go help out that guy. Call me when you're done, etc. etc. Those 22.4 drivers will get to become full-time drivers and have the protection as well as building a pension, accruing vacation time, and WAGE-progression in that time. Not to mention I was making 85% of what a top-rate driver was making and I had no center seniority.
While i agree with you on paying your dues i believe your missing the Big Picture, UPS is methodical and Slowly attacking and lowering the standard for us all. Look at it this way they are investing massively in new technology, new hubs and not us. Next contract 22.4 willbe, "All we can afford," so UPS will claim. Then we will all not have 9.5 protection, all be variable shifts 7 days a week if this, brick of S### shined to look like gold passes

While i agree with you on paying your dues i believe your missing the Big Picture, UPS is methodical and Slowly attacking and lowering the standard for us all. Look at it this way they are investing massively in new technology, new hubs and not us. Next contract 22.4 willbe, "All we can afford," so UPS will claim. Then we will all not have 9.5 protection, all be variable shifts 7 days a week if this, brick of S### shined to look like gold passes
More fear mongering.

The Real Jack RyanMI6

More fear mongering.
Ok, so if it is fear mongering what am i missing. Lets put it this way im working on a data chart im 10 years back so far (2008 to 2018) that shows UPS net income + Dividends = Gross income. Then RPCD'S top rate pay. Then CEO comp both in pay and stock adding in dividends which he gets a check 4 times a year.
So far the only FEAR MONGERING, the data shows is from UPS. Within the past 10 years there have been at least two quarters UPS claimed the sky was falling, they shut off our heat, lights, and we had to buy TP and handsoap. Those 2 quarters dont show up anywhere in they charts
End if story... no justification for 22.4s UPS has the money always will always has

BrownRecycler

Ok, so if it is fear mongering what am i missing. Lets put it this way im working on a data chart im 10 years back so far (2008 to 2018) that shows UPS net income + Dividends = Gross income. Then RPCD'S top rate pay. Then CEO comp both in pay and stock adding in dividends which he gets a check 4 times a year.
So far the only FEAR MONGERING, the data shows is from UPS. Within the past 10 years there have been at least two quarters UPS claimed the sky was falling, they shut off our heat, lights, and we had to buy TP and handsoap. Those 2 quarters dont show up anywhere in they charts
End if story... no justification for 22.4s UPS has the money always will always has

Can you talk more about your problem with the 22.4 and RPCD? Let's not worry about UPS corporate financial record. How about you? What are your goal in contract?

I dont know if you are missing anything.... but you are making stuff up.

What does the ceo have to do with the teamsters?

Blackstream

Which local? And again what you posted has nothing to do with a catch up raise for part timers who arent new.
Local 162.

Also, the raise is only for existing part timers, so I don't see how that's any different than a catch up raise. And for that matter, how it would diminish the raise in any way if it were given to everyone else?

F

Frankie's Friend

I just dropped off something brown you can recycle.
tenor-3.gif