Total service provider

542thruNthru

Something to do with Sundays? Whatever it is it’s definitely not going to be good.
I think Sundays are going to get pushed back till after the contract. With the trend of volume going down and Amazon delivering more and more of their own stuff I don't think UPS wants to chance losing too much money in Sunday delivery till they know what the future holds for 5 years.

Thebrownblob

I think Sundays are going to get pushed back till after the contract. With the trend of volume going down and Amazon delivering more and more of their own stuff I don't think UPS wants to chance losing too much money in Sunday delivery till they know what the future holds for 5 years.
Yes I’ve been hearing Sundays are coming for the last four years and nothing just weird that they have something up their sleeve though.

Staydryitsraining

We already work almost ten hours a day. Why work it at straight time? Talking strictly package, not feeders.
Exactly we are already over worked. Nothings gonna change that except this fantastic new tsp thing. So why would someone not want to work less days? Unless you let your wife stay home drive a brand new f250 and have a boat. Working 4 days a week and being threatened to work 5 sounds better than working 5 and threatened to work 6. Also, this idea of 4 10's comes with brand new language. I'm not saying let's start 4 10s tomorrow with the language we already have.

542thruNthru

Why is 4 10s stupid? Explain it?
I've talked about this a few times but here it goes.

Everyone sees that 4 and 10 and thinks "oh I'll only have to work 4 days!" How's that working out for the 5/8? Across the country people are being forced in for a 6th punch. They also see the 10 and thinks "oh I'll only work like 10 or 11 hours till they find out that management takes them to 13 every day.

The average member will also vote for it thinking they'll work Mon-Thur and have Fri,Sat and Sun off. Yeah good luck with that.

Also what happens to the 9.5 language? 4/10s is a dream that the delusional driver loves to believe it.

Oh and don't forget when forced in for a 5th or 6th day remember that OT won't start till after 10 hours.

4/10s would have to have the most iron clad language in the world to make it good for us.

I haven't even touched how route bidding would change if 4/10s came in.

Staydryitsraining

Everyone sees that 4 and 10 and thinks "oh I'll only have to work 4 days!" How's that working out for the 5/8? Across the country people are being forced in for a 6th punch. They also see the 10 and thinks "oh I'll only work like 10 or 11 hours till they find out that management takes them to 13 every day.

The average member will also vote for it thinking they'll work Mon-Thur and have Fri,Sat and Sun off. Yeah good luck with that.

Also what happens to the 9.5 language? 4/10s is a dream that the delusional driver loves to believe it.

Oh and don't forget when forced in for a 5th or 6th day remember that OT won't start till after 10 hours.

4/10s would have to have the most iron clad language in the world to make it good for us.

I haven't even touched how route bidding would change if 4/10s came in.
Like I said 4 10s would have new language attached to it. Long term Sundays happen, unless a deep recession happens and consumer spending retracts heavily. As I said before senior drivers work Monday through Thursday, lower drivers work Thursday to Sunday. I don't personally see 22.4s disappearing next contract but I do believe they will have stronger language.

Thebrownblob

I haven't even touched how route bidding would change if 4/10s came
I don't know how things are where you are but here most are between 50 and 60 a week already, not 40 to 50 hours. It's been like this for over 2 years.
Exactly and it will always be that way, regardless of what your work week schedule that they’re going to try and get 50 or 60 out of you. Whether you were scheduled four days or five days. The only way UPS ever admits the wrong is paying you more money.

Staydryitsraining

Exactly and it will always be that way, regardless of what your work week schedule that they’re going to try and get 50 or 60 out of you. Whether you were scheduled four days or five days. The only way UPS ever admits the wrong is paying you more money.
And I'm saying I think it makes more sense to have 4 :censored2:ty days than 5.

542thruNthru

Like I said 4 10s would have new language attached to it. Long term Sundays happen, unless a deep recession happens and consumer spending retracts heavily. As I said before senior drivers work Monday through Thursday, lower drivers work Thursday to Sunday. I don't personally see 22.4s disappearing next contract but I do believe they will have stronger language.
Ok new language. In your mind this new language will be irrefutable. Tell me something, what language in our contract has ever been that air tight?