Traditional Conservative Values...are now found in current events.

Meat

Yep This place is full of lost, miserable people. No secret there. Whine, moan and complain about everything associated with their job yet they continue to scan that timeclock every morning. Negative and distrustful of everyone at FDX and bad mouthing people that like their job and are satisfied in their work life.

Compassion? For people that hate everything and everyone at the company that puts food on their table and enables them to pay their bills. If you hate it so bad, and are underpaid and mistreated, go work where you will make more and get treated better.

Yowza! I hope this cat is just a troll! If not, I hope the NSA is monitoring these posts, and they intercept him before he "makes a statement for god." OF, if you are a troll, I applaud the effort you have made - bravo! If your not, please seek professional help ASAP!

Oldfart

Have you read the bible?
Yes. There are many passages where people are called out for their negative thoughts and distrust of others. I don't know the bible good enough to quote but I do know those that complained and constantly had negative views and opinions were chastised. I don't consider myself bible material but when people spend EVERY post whining and complaining, it is pretty easy to call them out. There are 3 or 4 people on here that I have never read anything positive in their posts. Could they possibly be so sad and unhappy?

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
...are completely dead, and it only takes a modicum of critical thinking to reach that conclusion. Talk about a government intrusion - I shudder to think what the president-elect had to offer Carrier to remain the in the US. Another billion dollar defense contract? The very personification of market principles, indeed!
From what I see, we still have another guy in charge. How could Reagan save Carrier from leaving?

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
Yep This place is full of lost, miserable people. No secret there. Whine, moan and complain about everything associated with their job yet they continue to scan that timeclock every morning. Negative and distrustful of everyone at FDX and bad mouthing people that like their job and are satisfied in their work life.

Compassion? For people that hate everything and everyone at the company that puts food on their table and enables them to pay their bills. If you hate it so bad, and are underpaid and mistreated, go work where you will make more and get treated better.
Not me, I deliver The Bible by the cases.

vantexan

...are completely dead, and it only takes a modicum of critical thinking to reach that conclusion. Talk about a government intrusion - I shudder to think what the president-elect had to offer Carrier to remain the in the US. Another billion dollar defense contract? The very personification of market principles, indeed!
The difference between Obama and Trump is already apparent. Trump gave 7 million in incentives to a solid company and got something in return like a good businessman would. Obama gave half a billion to one company with no track record of success and they went bankrupt. Just like a liberal politician to throw huge amounts of money at something and most likely his buddies were skimming off the top. Here's something for you to ponder...Trump might have a "R" after his name, but he's not a traditional, conservative Republican. He's a populist, and as much as you'll hate to admit it he didn't get to where he is being stupid. He played the liberal press for huge amounts of publicity and he's still playing them. For all those spewing hatred, saying he can't possibly fulfill his promises, don't bet on it.

It will be fine

The difference between Obama and Trump is already apparent. Trump gave 7 million in incentives to a solid company and got something in return like a good businessman would. Obama gave half a billion to one company with no track record of success and they went bankrupt. Just like a liberal politician to throw huge amounts of money at something and most likely his buddies were skimming off the top. Here's something for you to ponder...Trump might have a "R" after his name, but he's not a traditional, conservative Republican. He's a populist, and as much as you'll hate to admit it he didn't get to where he is being stupid. He played the liberal press for huge amounts of publicity and he's still playing them. For all those spewing hatred, saying he can't possibly fulfill his promises, don't bet on it.
Obama also bailed out the auto industry. Gave them low interest loans to stay afloat and retool. The entire industry survived and paid back the tax payers with interest. Trump needs to make a Carrier sized deal every week for 30 years to save as many jobs as the auto industry.

Serf

I agree. Nothing is left or remains to "conserve." That's why I believe it is imperative for the GOP to hone in on the Trump philosophy. Renegotiate NATO and NAFTA. End the TPP deal. At least have a semblance of an immigration plan. Stop instigating a foreign world power that we could be allies with (Russia). And understand that our blood and treasure (Our young boys and girls) are not worth sending to a meat grinder in the middle east for war. Why are European and American men fighting in Syria, while Syrian fighting aged men are get shipped off to Europe and America to collect welfare? No more invade the world and then invite the world!

Oldfart

Cheryl, please ban this freak ASAP - too many red flags.
Obama also bailed out the auto industry. Gave them low interest loans to stay afloat and retool. The entire industry survived and paid back the tax payers with interest. Trump needs to make a Carrier sized deal every week for 30 years to save as many jobs as the auto industry.
He hasn't even been sworn in and he is making positive changes. Give him time. It is kind of like when Reagan got the Iran Hostages released after that wimp Carter let them sit for over 400 days. I am sure Reagan was working on that before being sworn in.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

He hasn't even been sworn in and he is making positive changes. Give him time. It is kind of like when Reagan got the Iran Hostages released after that wimp Carter let them sit for over 400 days. I am sure Reagan was working on that before being sworn in.

I'm sure Carter had also been working on it.

vantexan

Obama saved GM, not the entire industry. Instead of a normal structured bankruptcy he pushed through a bankruptcy that caused GM's creditors to lose billions and yet GM still lost 25% of it's workforce. The gov't still owns GM stock and won't sell them as the full extent of gov't expenditure would then be known. And the underlying cause of near GM collapse hasn't been fixed, which was very high pay, gold plated benefits, that make the company vulnerable to serious economic downturns. Trump on the other hand is looking to create an environment where companies can thrive and provide jobs to everyone willing to work and reducing incentives not to work.

bacha29

Obama saved GM, not the entire industry. Instead of a normal structured bankruptcy he pushed through a bankruptcy that caused GM's creditors to lose billions and yet GM still lost 25% of it's workforce. The gov't still owns GM stock and won't sell them as the full extent of gov't expenditure would then be known. And the underlying cause of near GM collapse hasn't been fixed, which was very high pay, gold plated benefits, that make the company vulnerable to serious economic downturns. Trump on the other hand is looking to create an environment where companies can thrive and provide jobs to everyone willing to work and reducing incentives not to work.
What do you mean it wasn't fixed? An entirely new General Motors was created. Many of the people who lost their jobs lost them due to the elimination of brands that were no longer profitable Pontiac Oldsmobile Hummer Opel. Saturn. If the bail out had collapsed then the bankruptcy plan called for 5or 6 after market manufacturers were to make a limited number of GM parts for a limited number of GM models for 5 years. Afterward if you had a GM product that needed parts then off to the junkyard you go. As for all these incentives to bring back jobs to the US we'll just have to wait and see if Trump brings his own manufacturing back to the US. If he doesn't than how many others do you think will.?

bacha29

Yea. He did an excellent job WORKING on it. 2 failed rescue attempts that resulted in more deaths. That crisis and the inflated interests rates pretty well summed up Carter's failure as a president.
As for the Iran hostage crisis Reagan said " I would have sent the Marines in there" Oh that sure sounded good. The reality is this. A few months after Carter left Newsweek obtained a copy of the intelligence report regarding a possible invasion of Iran. You know, " I would have sent the Marines in there". According to the intelligence report disclosed by Newsweek and I read it myself due to the lack of a ground staging area the invasion would have to be all airborne in nature. Because the Soviet Union was and still is a solid ally of Iran it would have immediately intervened in Iran's behalf. The result according to the Pentagon intelligence report clearly stated that the 82nd Airborne would have been completely wiped out in 38 days.

vantexan

What do you mean it wasn't fixed? An entirely new General Motors was created. Many of the people who lost their jobs lost them due to the elimination of brands that were no longer profitable Pontiac Oldsmobile Hummer Opel. Saturn. If the bail out had collapsed then the bankruptcy plan called for 5or 6 after market manufacturers were to make a limited number of GM parts for a limited number of GM models for 5 years. Afterward if you had a GM product that needed parts then off to the junkyard you go. As for all these incentives to bring back jobs to the US we'll just have to wait and see if Trump brings his own manufacturing back to the US. If he doesn't than how many others do you think will.?
A normal structured bankruptcy would have lost about the same number of jobs, but GM could have reorganized without the gov't spending about 25 billion dollars and the company would have emerged in much better condition. If we do have another major downturn GM will again need a bailout because issues weren't fixed the first time. But let's be clear, Obama didn't save the entire auto industry.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Strong Christian Conservative values = we hate blacks and gays and mexicans.Oh yeah,and progress.

Here we go again!

Everyone-I-dont-like-is-Hitler.jpg

...and so forth.

vantexan

Th
As for the Iran hostage crisis Reagan said " I would have sent the Marines in there" Oh that sure sounded good. The reality is this. A few months after Carter left Newsweek obtained a copy of the intelligence report regarding a possible invasion of Iran. You know, " I would have sent the Marines in there". According to the intelligence report disclosed by Newsweek and I read it myself due to the lack of a ground staging area the invasion would have to be all airborne in nature. Because the Soviet Union was and still is a solid ally of Iran it would have immediately intervened in Iran's behalf. The result according to the Pentagon intelligence report clearly stated that the 82nd Airborne would have been completely wiped out in 38 days.
The 82nd Airborne is Army, not the Marines. The Soviet Union got their asses whipped in Afghanistan so highly doubtful they would've intervened in Iran. Iran's Shah was an American ally so doubtful that the revolutionaries in Tehran had developed a super close relationship with Moscow at that point.

bacha29

A normal structured bankruptcy would have lost about the same number of jobs, but GM could have reorganized without the gov't spending about 25 billion dollars and the company would have emerged in much better condition. If we do have another major downturn GM will again need a bailout because issues weren't fixed the first time. But let's be clear, Obama didn't save the entire auto industry.
If GM could have reorganized on it's own why did it seek federal assistance? If not for a federally backed reorganization plan General Motors would have liquidated and gone out of business.Those are indisputable facts.