Training question.

lovetokayak

Is it normal to be told there is no work for me as a seasonal driver this week because it is slow, but at the same time I just drove past my uncar sup who was training another driver on the same route I began my training last week? ( I worked 2 days last week, in fact so far this summer that is all I worked.)

I thought, well, maybe they don't like my work. But I was told last week and also by my center manager this morning what a good job I'm doing. Is it complete BS?

Lobofan5

Thats a 50/50 toss up...BS or not.

I will leave my personal seasonal driving experience story out of this, but in my 2 1/2 years at UPS i do notice that the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

If you don't go to them to find out what is up, odds are they won't come looking for you to tell you.

j4bucks

Does this other driver have more senority?:confused:1 If not talk to your union stewart and see if you have grounds to file.

tieguy

Banned
Casual labor?

He's getting drivers trained up for the heavy vacation weeks which you would think would be july.

Find out if that is the case and what weeks they think they will definitely need you. They should be able to give you an educated guess based on the number of vacations they have each week. Many of us have gone through periods of inconsistent work when we first started working package.