Transfer requests

I am currently a UPSer out of the state of washington and am wanting to go back home to California where my family resides due to the health of one of my immediate family members.The only problem is there are no job openings or postings in or near the area I would like to move back to. My question is are there, under any circumstance, a way to be transferred to California even though a job hasn't been posted.

UPS Preloader

I am currently a UPSer out of the state of washington and am wanting to go back home to California where my family resides due to the health of one of my immediate family members.The only problem is there are no job openings or postings in or near the area I would like to move back to. My question is are there, under any circumstance, a way to be transferred to California even though a job hasn't been posted.

You would have to check your supplemental agreement, but I believe the ony way you can tranfer there is if one of the centers out there is willing to accept you. A good starting point would be to contact HR as there might be a need that hasn't been posted. Keep in mind that you would be low man when it comes to layoffs..