Combo Transfer Question and Teamsters Membership

Wordyone

Hi there,
I had a question about combos and transferring within the same local. IF I get a combo job that requires me to transfer hubs (but remain in the same local), will I have to rejoin the union or will I still be a dues paying member? I am a dues paying member now....just wondering if I'll have to rejoin if I move hubs.
Thanks in advance for your reply

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Wouldn’t make sense to if you’re transferring within the same local. Or even at all

Wordyone

That's what I think, too....but you never know so I thought I'd ask. I suspect the union dues will just continue to come out of my check as long as I'm in the same local, regardless of the hub.
Thanks for replying!

Hi there,
I had a question about combos and transferring within the same local. IF I get a combo job that requires me to transfer hubs (but remain in the same local), will I have to rejoin the union or will I still be a dues paying member? I am a dues paying member now....just wondering if I'll have to rejoin if I move hubs.
No you will not have to rejoin ythe union if you are in the same local

542thruNthru

Hi there,
scary-movie-doofy.jpg
tumblr_lspq9dobzK1qfox0ko1_500.gif

DriverNerd

In our area, part timers and full timers belong to different locals. When going part time to full time there's paperwork to fill out, but initiation fees don't need to be paid to the new local if you paid them with your part time local.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
In our area, part timers and full timers belong to different locals. When going part time to full time there's paperwork to fill out, but initiation fees don't need to be paid to the new local if you paid them with your part time local.
Seems redundant and unnecessary

Wordyone

wow...erased my comment - too bitey? Can dish it but can't take it 542?
Oh well....nice playing with you. Just a simple question. Now go wash your hands....

542thruNthru

Hi there,

wow...erased my comment - too bitey? Can dish it but can't take it 542?
Oh well....nice playing with you. Just a simple question. Now go wash your hands....
Seriously. Read you first post and explain to me why you'd have to rejoin the union. After typing what you are going to say. Read it first and then you will probably see how dumb your question is. Don't worry sometimes we have to take a step back and look at the question from a different angle.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Seriously. Read you first post and explain to me why you'd have to rejoin the union. After typing what you are going to say. Read it first and then you will probably see how dumb your question is. Don't worry sometimes we have to take a step back and look at the question from a different angle.
Now you’re the bully for pointing out the imbecilic nature of the post. Bully.

Wordyone

Youre an :censored2:. I am a 50yo woman with an autistic son who found your post highly offensive - a movie based on a retarded man who goes around asking a person to smell his finger. This during a time when we're suppose to be united as union brothers and sisters for the biggest contract battle we've had in years. If you didn't have anything constructive to add, then don't post! It seems other's didn't think it was such a stupid question....but you must be one of those people who gets off on hearing himself talk. See you on the picket line...unless you're a scab.

Explain to you why I'd have to rejoin? Because this is UPS! It's a place steeped in redundancy! Each and every day you have to do things twice and three times to CYA - that's why. This forum exists for a reason - to ask questions. That's what I did in a respectful way. What did you have to add? Nothing of value

Last edited:

542thruNthru

Youre an :censored2:.
tenor-34.gif

I am a 50yo woman with an autistic son who found your post highly offensive.
2Ch.gif

- a movie based on a retarded man who goes around asking a person to smell his finger.
a6a08f2.gif

This during a time when we're suppose to be united as union brothers and sisters for the biggest contract battle we've had in years. If you didn't have anything constructive to add, then don't post!
llmZp6fCVb4ju.gif

It seems other's didn't think it was such a stupid question.
tenor-23.gif

...but you must be one of those people who gets off on hearing himself talk. See you on the picket line...unless you're a scab.
im_a_god_groundhog_day.gif

Explain to you why I'd have to rejoin? Because this is UPS! It's a place steeped in redundancy! Each and every day you have to do things twice and three times to CYA - that's why.
wxqFNI.gif

This forum exists for a reason - to ask questions.
tenor-36.gif

That's what I did in a respectful way. What did you have to add? Nothing of value
You're welcome. ;)

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Youre an :censored2:. I am a 50yo woman with an autistic son who found your post highly offensive - a movie based on a retarded man who goes around asking a person to smell his finger. This during a time when we're suppose to be united as union brothers and sisters for the biggest contract battle we've had in years. If you didn't have anything constructive to add, then don't post! It seems other's didn't think it was such a stupid question....but you must be one of those people who gets off on hearing himself talk. See you on the picket line...unless you're a scab.

Explain to you why I'd have to rejoin? Because this is UPS! It's a place steeped in redundancy! Each and every day you have to do things twice and three times to CYA - that's why. This forum exists for a reason - to ask questions. That's what I did in a respectful way. What did you have to add? Nothing of value

IMG_6863.gif

Bust his ass