Transferring from Afternoon to Morning.

Fenah

How long do you have to be working for ups before u can transfer to Pre-load ? I was told 6 months, is that true ?

B

BROWN4LIFE15

Re: Trasnfering from Afternoon to Morning.

just come to Ramsey and pi$$ off the right person and you can be transferred to the preload in no time at all ---- :happy-very:

SeniorGeek

Below the Line

How long do you have to be working for ups before u can transfer to Pre-load ? I was told 6 months, is that true ?
That varies by location and by the type of work you are doing. If you tell us which department - IS, TSG, SCS, etc. - and where - Windward, Ramsey, Mahwah, Atlanta, etc. - we can give you a better idea of how quickly you can get to Preload.

I see that BROWN4LIFE15 has already answered for the IS+Ramsey combination, which apparently has a fast track to Preload. Or Carwash.

Last edited:
A

an anonymous guest

Best way to the preload is to exit the sort isle, follow the packages as they flow to the package car boxline, past the PAS operator, until you arrive at a package car. You are then in the preload.

Since preload work no longer requires any training, you could probably join HR or friend&A as well....

Go UPS!
P71

magoo57

You didn't tell us why you wanted the preload. If it is for school or another parttime job, just put in a request to go preload. Also talk to a fulltime supe in the preload and tell him that you have put in your request.
My guess is you will have a fairly easy time of it.

Lobofan5

peacock71;287840 Since preload work no longer requires any training said:
Dispite popular opinion....while anyone can preload using the PAS labels..it takes a quality person to do it well.

My 7 year old could do it...but you wouldn't want that.

dirty moose

Dispite popular opinion....while anyone can preload using the PAS labels..it takes a quality person to do it well.

My 7 year old could do it...but you wouldn't want that.

id rather have your 7 year old then some of the guys that load my truck...

DM

LKLND3380

Preload is hell... :devil3: We have people on preload who want to go to PM...

I am convinced they do nothing but eat pizzas EVERY night... We find pizza boxes all the time, kinda hard to hide 10 large pizza boxes in the breakroom... Then we get in out package cars, there are four or five packages that DID NOT GO OUTBOUND for other states and over 70's... Package cars are a foot away from the dock...
:angry:

LKLND3380

Since preload work no longer requires any training, you could probably join HR or friend&A as well....

The training is being able to stack it out while not blocking an egress and being hit with 75 paper boxes all marked 1 of 1...

Before PAS we had 50 less packages and twice as much time to load... Now we have double or triple the packages and do it in half the time...

I wonder why we have misloads with all this work crammed down out throat...