Transferring out of district full time?

You're gonna want to beg your center manager and he to get ahold of the center manager and hr where you're going to.

That's your 1 chance. Work out a deal where you "quit" in missouri on a Friday and start in floridia the next Monday.

Whatever it takes, I really need to get down there.

rod

Retired 22 years
Ok. In theory say I flat out quit. Then get rehired. Where does the pension go, do I lose it/start over?

That is one thing you most certainly would want to check into with both your Local and the one where you are going. I would think you would have to get a withdraw card from your current Local

O/C

Who's we? The union sets the rules on transfers because it deals with seniority.
If you transfer within the coverage of your pension fund you will not have to start over with vesting. Your years under your current pension plan are protected and collectable at retirement age (65). If you can transfer you will lose all seniority and will start at the bottom with pay rates. Good luck..

Sent using BrownCafe App

cardboard-surfer

As a PT'er I was told if I transferred I'd start over again at the bottom. Not a problem.

Then they said if I transferred I'd be banned for 5 years from re-applying for any non-bid job at my previous hub. The union backed them up and said yes this is true.

Apparently UPS prefers paying for extremely high turnover and punishes experienced workers who want to be more flexible. The entire unemployed population should be told, "Want some quick cash? Apply for a PT preloader or package handler job! You can sit in a training room and watch videos for a week, get paid ~$150 by UPS, then quit on your first day of work in the trucks."