Transferring to a different state + Different local union = Losing my seniority?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
And no one....

Can take a minute, to help the person out ??

Section 6. Part-Time Employee Transfer

"Part-time employees who wish to transfer to another location for educational purposes may submit a written request to the Employer. If approved, the transfer shall be allowed subject to the following conditions:

A. A part-time opening exists at the desired location.

B. Employees must have attained seniority and been employed by the Employer for at least one (1) year.

C. Job Classification Seniority shall be end-tailed.

D. Company seniority shall be retained for the purpose of number of weeks of vacation, and number of holidays in accordance with the applicable Supplement at the new location.

E. Any expenses, including moving expenses associated with an approved transfer, shall be the responsibility of the employee."

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

-Bug-

Top Cat

And no one....

"Part-time employees who wish to transfer to another location for educational purposes may submit a written request to the Employer. If approved, the transfer shall be allowed subject to the following conditions:

B. Employees must have attained seniority and been employed by the Employer for at least one (1) year.

D. Company seniority shall be retained for the purpose of number of weeks of vacation, and number of holidays in accordance with the applicable Supplement at the new location.

E. Any expenses, including moving expenses associated with an approved transfer, shall be the responsibility of the employee."

-Bug-

wow.. this is excellent information. Thanks a lot!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
And no one....

-Bug-
wow.. this is excellent information. Thanks a lot!
Proceed with caution, he's like a drug dealer.
The first one's free, then he charges exorbitant prices for subsequent information.:wink-very:

Larry Martin

I'm a Preloader of 2 years, and I was told that if I were to move to a different state that has a different local union, that I have to sacrifice my 2 years and start all over again. So that means I would lose all of my benefits and have to do the process all over again. Is this actually true?

Thanks in advance!

I assuming your are talking about a P/T educational transfer. All of this is dicussed in detail in the National Master Contract as well as most Regional supplementel Riders/Contracts. Look in your contract book.

You only lose your job classification seniority basically and you are NOT guaranteed to get the same job classication at your new HUB. Another way to look at it is your Bldg. or HUB seniority starts over. You keep your years of service, your vacation eligibility, your current pay rate, your Health benefits, etc.