Treasures

gman042

Been around the block a few times
What is that laying along side of the road?. What was it and what did you do with it?

So far.....2 cameras and a laser transit in a case.

Put ads in the paper and no one responded. MINE.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Found a heavy duty sledghammer with a fiberglass handle a few years ago. They run about $50 new at the hardware store. I use it all the time with a wedge to split firewood rounds.

jaker

trolling
Found a laptop and decided to find the owner , it Belong to a teacher she was so happy and she even called to hub , so I got a good job paper on the office door

STFXG

A deer hunter, covered in blood after dragging a deer 2 miles off the mountain. Gave me the keys to his truck and I went and got it and picked him up. Was wintertime and he was a few miles from where he had parked. Was tracking the deer all day.

Buck Fifty

Found a laptop and decided to find the owner , it Belong to a teacher she was so happy and she even called to hub , so I got a good job paper on the office door

Damn you stole mine ! okay he wasnt a teacher, and he didnt call the hub, and no good job paper on the door. But I did find a laptop in a bag and found the owner.

Ms.PacMan

Ha! I was just thinking the other day that I haven't found anything lately.

Best finds - 4 Rubbermaid roughneck storage bins (3 lids :( ), a carton of Quilted Northern toilet paper. $15 in the corner of a parking lot - looked like it had been plowed there in the winter - the peach $10 caught my eye. And $40 in an alley - folded and quartered.

Thebrownstreak

I recently found a $20,000 natural gas drill bit in it's box laying right in the middle of a dirt road. It had the companys name on it which I had to deliver to later in the day. I brought it in to the office and the boss was so excited that he gave me $700 cash right on the spot. Said if I hadn't dropped it off it would have been a week before they could get a new one and it would have cost them close to $150,000 in lost time. So needless to say I called off today to extend the weekend.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I recently found a $20,000 natural gas drill bit in it's box laying right in the middle of a dirt road. It had the companys name on it which I had to deliver to later in the day. I brought it in to the office and the boss was so excited that he gave me $700 cash right on the spot. Said if I hadn't dropped it off it would have been a week before they could get a new one and it would have cost them close to $150,000 in lost time. So needless to say I called off today to extend the weekend.

Were you on the clock at the time? Did you politely try to decline the reward?

Thebrownstreak

I was on the clock. I said to the guy you don't need to reward me for doing what's right. He said I know. That's when he took out his wallet and handed me 7 crisp $100 bills. I again said it wasn't necessary. That's when he told me about saving him $150,000 in lost time and what not.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was on the clock. I said to the guy you don't need to reward me for doing what's right. He said I know. That's when he took out his wallet and handed me 7 crisp $100 bills. I again said it wasn't necessary. That's when he told me about saving him $150,000 in lost time and what not.

At that point I would have done the same.

Thank you for doing the right thing. Dave.