Treasures

gman042

Been around the block a few times
What is that laying along side of the road?. What was it and what did you do with it?

So far.....2 cameras and a laser transit in a case.

Put ads in the paper and no one responded. MINE.

New....the laser transit was $1500

thessalonian13

What is that laying along side of the road?. What was it and what did you do with it?

So far.....2 cameras and a laser transit in a case.

Put ads in the paper and no one responded. MINE.
I found a brief case belonging to a lawyer with all his work documents, credit cards, driver's license, and other legal briefs, and close to $1,000 in cash. When I brought it to his home, after talking to him on the phone, his wife gave me a $20 and shut the door. I don't think she even thanked me.

Thebrownstreak

...a $25 gift card to a local restaurant for good customer service for the whole year is one thing---a one time reward of $700 for doing the right thing once seems over the top...

over the top I can agree with. But he was so happy that it was turned in that he offered. I have been dropping off all sorts of +100lb packages for months there. And don't tell me you wouldn't accept it if it was offered.

W

want to retire

While in pkg, I found all sorts of tools and generally put them in my pkg car. Hammers, screwdrivers, wrenches(always 9mm) why 9mm? My most prized find was a nice Snap On brand pry bar with handle. My mechanic wanted that one.....Anyway.....my pkg car went to the crusher the other day and the mechanics gathered all those tools and gave them to me. kinda fun. Yes, I used some of those tools to prevent road calls.....Yes, I got a pass for personal property.......

I found a brief case belonging to a lawyer with all his work documents, credit cards, driver's license, and other legal briefs, and close to $1,000 in cash. When I brought it to his home, after talking to him on the phone, his wife gave me a $20 and shut the door. I don't think she even thanked me.
Wow! Talk about ungratitude. I have dealt with people who look down on blue collar types and I bet she is one of them. So far, I have found nothing worth reporting. Perhaps a new route?

brown bomber

brown bomber
several cell-phones, all returned to their owners...got a few bucks for some of them............quite a few wallets and purses...all of which I left w/ the local Police Dept. or returned if they were on area....alot of pieces of jewelry, most of it was damaged after being run over by vehicles.......a few pieces of currency scattered about...........the best however was a cash bag, lying in the middle of the main road on route.....called the center immediately, to let them know I was taking it to the PD......60 days later nobody claimed it..it was mine......it contained mostly coin, along with several small bills...$200.00 for me....honesty paid off

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
several cell-phones, all returned to their owners...got a few bucks for some of them............quite a few wallets and purses...all of which I left w/ the local Police Dept. or returned if they were on area....alot of pieces of jewelry, most of it was damaged after being run over by vehicles.......a few pieces of currency scattered about...........the best however was a cash bag, lying in the middle of the main road on route.....called the center immediately, to let them know I was taking it to the PD......60 days later nobody claimed it..it was mine......it contained mostly coin, along with several small bills...$200.00 for me....honesty paid off

Talk about scanning your walk path and keeping your eyes ahead of your work.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
A deer hunter, covered in blood after dragging a deer 2 miles off the mountain. Gave me the keys to his truck and I went and got it and picked him up. Was wintertime and he was a few miles from where he had parked. Was tracking the deer all day.

Trust.
I love it.