Treating work like a workout with supplements.

Dude846

Backpacks with Jets
So I've been doing a lot of looking into supplements. I used them while at the gym, and since working at the hub is like being at a gym... I figured I'd treat it as such. Going as far as to use a Pre-workout and post-workout.

Does anyone else have rituals that they go through to get their mind into the space?

llamainmypocket

Preworkout should do the trick. It's supposed to give you focus and energy and that's a perfect combination for preload. A pre preload meal that's low volume and low glycemic works well for me. A small snack with some protein during break such as 4oz jerky and a banana is good. I also tend to drink a protein shake after we're done. It's a well thought out ritual of eating around work that i do.

If you're finding that you drag during the first half or it's going to be a sweaty day then I'd recommend mixing your preworkout with gatorade.

Just going to work with 8 oz beef jerky, two bananas, and gatorade/preworkout and access to water could do you really right. Then hit up a high protein meal when you get home.

cardboard-surfer

Stetching gives UPS one less thing to blame your injury on and deny your workmans comp claim. Always do a few minutes of stretching in front of the supes and other witnesses, preferably on the clock. The most useful stretches are rotator cuff; everything else is just workmans comp CYA.

Dude846

Backpacks with Jets
I ate a Taco Bell's Spicy Quesarito right before work because I was running late and missed lunch at first work. I regretted that point in my life immediately starting the work.

I'll definitely try the PreWO and Banana just before working today.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
It's a lot of work but unfortunately it's not enough of a targeted workout to replace a regular workout for me. When I was on preload though I did get enough of a lower back workout that I never even had to do deadlifts.

A bowl of oatmeal before going in though was just enough to give me an energy kick and keep from getting hungry for a couple hours without feeling like a lead weight in my stomach.

llamainmypocket

I've also never had a cramp and i have a suspicion why. If muscle cramps depend on poorly hydrated muscles and creatine causes you to retain water in your muscles then using creatine may prevent cramps. Creatine is in preworkout drinks and by taking it 5 times a week i remain loaded up. It's been said that creatine takes a few weeks to load up in regular doses so i wouldn't expect the full effect until then.

Dude846

Backpacks with Jets
Most people recommend doing a creatine load cycle for a week or 10 days. Then going down to maintenance levels otherwise.

Been taking BCAAs throughout the day and it definitely helps when I take it. But I can tell the days when I don't.

llamainmypocket

It's a lot of work but unfortunately it's not enough of a targeted workout to replace a regular workout for me. When I was on preload though I did get enough of a lower back workout that I never even had to do deadlifts.

A bowl of oatmeal before going in though was just enough to give me an energy kick and keep from getting hungry for a couple hours without feeling like a lead weight in my stomach.

The point of a propper back workout in a gym is neither for musclular development or strength but for a fully developed back. Spend all day doing the exact same pull just to get your back big and strong, lift that heavy box, faulter, employ a different muscle then instead of muscle A your using muscle B which cant handle the strain and it rips.

I'll be honesy, my back and leg workouts are much less intense than my chest, arms, and shoulder's. But even though i dont need them to be strong or look good, the little bit i do is much more important due to preventing injury.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So I've been doing a lot of looking into supplements. I used them while at the gym, and since working at the hub is like being at a gym... I figured I'd treat it as such. Going as far as to use a Pre-workout and post-workout.

Does anyone else have rituals that they go through to get their mind into the space?
If you already work out you're wasting your money taking more supplements for work.

Even if you didn't 1-2 months is all you would see any benefit for.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The point of a propper back workout in a gym is neither for musclular development or strength but for a fully developed back. Spend all day doing the exact same pull just to get your back big and strong, lift that heavy box, faulter, employ a different muscle then instead of muscle A your using muscle B which cant handle the strain and it rips.

I'll be honesy, my back and leg workouts are much less intense than my chest, arms, and shoulder's. But even though i dont need them to be strong or look good, the little bit i do is much more important due to preventing injury.
Uh you most certainly need to workout everything.

Your back needs to be strong to support heavy bench. Heavy leg lifting release more testosterone than any other lift. Heavy back will grow your arms more than any isolated bicep workout.

I could go on and on and on but by training certain muscle groups more than others you're much more likely to cause an injury than prevent one.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone

That kind of contradicts itself.

How does one gain muscle working at UPS? I mean I can tell after a while my muscle already got use to the daily routine of loading packages as well as carrying bulk. The results I've seen is losing weight which is nothing to complain about but does any one have suggestions on how to gain muscles while working?

oldngray

nowhere special
UPS can keep you fit but won't bulk you up. You might surprise people about being stronger than you look but you won't get much bigger. Active job but not right exercises to increase muscle mass that much.

UPS can keep you fit but won't bulk you up. You might surprise people about being stronger than you look but you won't get much bigger. Active job but not right exercises to increase muscle mass that much.
Being 5,4 many people talk about how short I am not that it's a problem but it would be funny to catch them off guard when an opportunity present it self.

By The Book

How does one gain muscle working at UPS? I mean I can tell after a while my muscle already got use to the daily routine of loading packages as well as carrying bulk. The results I've seen is losing weight which is nothing to complain about but does any one have suggestions on how to gain muscles while working?
You won't be able to gain muscles here, as in increase the amount,# of muscles you have. Maybe you pound on a tire, or throw a curl bar like a javelin or something. If you want to tone up I guess you could run in place, like in the movie flashdance.