Troops get pizza & beer via DHL

atatbl

When I was active duty the drinking age on base was 18--has that changed?

Yes, we conform with state laws now. On paper at least. I know of two people in my unit that got article 13s for under age consumption in Iraq. They did not throw the book at them though. Just some extra duty. In Iraq, it's mostly law of their land, they don't drink on paper, either do we.

backinbrown

respect my authority
Yes, we conform with state laws now. On paper at least. I know of two people in my unite that got article 13s for under age consumption in Iraq. They did not throw the book at them though. Just some extra duty. In Iraq, it's mostly law of their land, they don't drink on paper, either do we.

I was 10th mountain div

what's your unit

705red

Browncafe Steward
This has been all over the news here in chicago. We had celebrities and bear players helping to pack everything up and ship it dhl. Lou malnati's and schlitz are providing the beer and pizza and even dhl is shipping it for free.

Whats amazing is that dhl is crying broke, yet a german company knows how to get the advertising bang for its buck! This should have been ups or even fedex doing this as american companies.

With all of this publicity, i just hope nothing goes bad as in a counter attack knowing that are troops will be enjoying the game a few beverages. God knows they deserve it more than anyone!

Big Babooba

This has been all over the news here in chicago. We had celebrities and bear players helping to pack everything up and ship it dhl. Lou malnati's and schlitz are providing the beer and pizza and even dhl is shipping it for free.

Whats amazing is that dhl is crying broke, yet a german company knows how to get the advertising bang for its buck! This should have been ups or even fedex doing this as american companies.

With all of this publicity, i just hope nothing goes bad as in a counter attack knowing that are troops will be enjoying the game a few beverages. God knows they deserve it more than anyone!
Maybe DHL is doing it because some of their planes are going on a one way trip in that direction.

959Nanook

According to UPS.com, UPS uses a contractor for deliveries in Iraq (similar to how we deliver the Bush and parts of the road system in Alaska). DHL has actual corporate locations that you can ship from in Iraq so they seem to have a much more developed logistical capability in Iraq than UPS.