Trucker protest

oldngray

nowhere special
What do they hope to achieve?

Other than piss off a bunch of people? Many who previously would have been sympathetic to their cause.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What do they hope to achieve?

Other than piss off a bunch of people? Many who previously would have been sympathetic to their cause.
No idea but I’ll bet you ass if two cars decided to do 50 mph in front of a bunch of truckers the truckers would run their ass off the road.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
How many ups feeders or drivers got caught up in this madness. What a :censored2:ing mess

Should have shut down the interstate to truck traffic and diverted them to other roads.

Truckers to slow-roll more than 100 miles on I-57
I know parking is a big problem around here for truckers. So many neighborhoods have HOA rules or county rules against overnight truck parking. Makes it hard for them to go home for a few days.

oldngray

nowhere special
I know parking is a big problem around here for truckers. So many neighborhoods have HOA rules or county rules against overnight truck parking. Makes it hard for them to go home for a few days.
They passed a rule against it here. Parking their trucks for the weekend wasn't the problem. There were others that wanted to leave their trucks on residential streets all the time and ruined it for everyone else.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I love all the articles where they quote truckers complaining how it's not fair that they can't break the law anymore because of electronic logs.
In the long run it will lead to better pay for them.

Running less hours means pulling less loads. Pulling less loads leads to more truckers needed to pull said loads. More truckers adds to the shortage that already exists. Therefore driving up pay to attract more workers.

oldngray

nowhere special

Indecisi0n

29P.gif