Trump into the DMZ

bacha29

And NK didn't have nukes then either. No one took them seriously until they got nukes.
And to date every attempt to get them to give up their nuclear aspirations has failed and a lovey dovey photo op with Kim Jung-Un will NOT change a thing nor will it change the brutality of that regime. Therefore at least for the time being the focus should be improving the readiness and capability of South Korean forces. They've got the money to spend and the most to lose should Kim go charging across the 38th.

newfie

And to date every attempt to get them to give up their nuclear aspirations has failed and a lovey dovey photo op with Kim Jung-Un will NOT change a thing nor will it change the brutality of that regime. Therefore at least for the time being the focus should be improving the readiness and capability of South Korean forces. They've got the money to spend and the most to lose should Kim go cha.

South Korea wants us to negotiate , they support Trump.

Readiness does not prepare South Korea for the artillery aimed at Seoul unless you propose evacuating the 18 million people in Seoul.

Is there anything in this subject area you actually understand?

BrownArmy

Readiness does not prepare South Korea for the artillery aimed at Seoul unless you propose evacuating the 18 million people in Seoul.

South Korea doesn’t have a choice, not sure that’s the ringing endorsement you think it is.

bacha29

Seoul lies 23 miles south of the DMZ. Yes Kim's artillery can reach it but I have every confidence that the South Korean military knows that too and has a well planned well prepared and well trained response that will be implemented if the time comes when it needs to do so. In the meantime Johnny Bolton is more focused on getting us in a war with Iran in behalf of Saudi Arabia so that you and your fellow war lovers can gets your rocks off watching it unfold.

rod

Retired 22 years
Think I’d read all that stuff is gonna be parked so it doesn’t damage DC streets....

Probably still a decent enough ego stroke for Trump. Hopefully the soldiers manning the equipment will get to see their families on the 4th.

For Pete's sakes--it's the Military-not grade school UPS. The Military don't just lock up for the weekend like you do. Some guys will have leave and most won't. That's just the way the Military works. They get paid the same if they are cleaning their barracks or marching in a parade or sleeping ------ 24/7

Box Ox

For Pete's sakes--it's the Military-not grade school UPS. The Military don't just lock up for the weekend like you do. Some guys will have leave and most won't. That's just the way the Military works. They get paid the same if they are cleaning their barracks or marching in a parade or sleeping ------ 24/7

Sure, the military never locks up. But stroking the President's ego shouldn't take priority over the family time of its personnel. That's absolutely all they're on scene for this year.

rod

Retired 22 years
Sure, the military never locks up. But stroking the President's ego shouldn't take priority over the family time of its personnel. That's absolutely all they're on scene for this year.
If I was still in the Army I'd much rather be parading around D.C. taking in the sights than stuck in some flea bag Army post. I guarantee any Military people sent to D.C. for the 4th of July festivities are having the time of their lives.

bacha29

If I was still in the Army I'd much rather be parading around D.C. taking in the sights than stuck in some flea bag Army post. I guarantee any Military people sent to D.C. for the 4th of July festivities are having the time of their lives.
And rest assured there will be scores of Russian, Chinese, Iranian, North Korean and God knows who else agents on site taping and eyeballing everything they can in an effort to gain even a tiny speck of intelligence regarding US military equipment. Not likely to get much but then again you never look a gift horse in the mouth.

rod

Retired 22 years
And rest assured there will be scores of Russian, Chinese, Iranian, North Korean and God knows who else agents on site taping and eyeballing everything they can in an effort to gain even a tiny speck of intelligence regarding US military equipment. Not likely to get much but then again you never look a gift horse in the mouth.
I wouldn't expect anything less. We do the same to them when they show off their equipment.

bacha29

I wouldn't expect anything less. We do the same to them when they show off their equipment.
It's precisely the reason why we shouldn't show off ours because it might just cost American lives and lost perhaps needlessly simply to appease a narcissist with a big ego who never saw a weapons system or a photo op he didn't like.