MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Uhhh, thanks, I think? Probably because we both suck, when it comes to overall writing abilities, but he's found a way to monetize (is this the understatement of a lifetime?) his (relative)lack of talent, and since I'm putting on a brown uniform tomorrow, I obviously have not.

I only write for the pure joy of it - the fact that I actually enjoy writing. I've never actually considered trying to write as a job, or get paid for it in any way, nor have I ever tried to get my writing published anywhere. These two facts keep a roof over my head, and save me the anguish of constant rejection.

So I'm cool with that.

It would definitely be cool to get paid to write or talk :censored2: on a podcast though, there aren't many better ways to pull down a paycheck than that, in my opinion. Especially if you're too short for the NBA.
Are you saying Stephen King is a no talent writer? Lmao. You’re funny man.

El Correcto

god is dead
Have you read some of his new work?
upload_2019-3-10_22-6-7.jpeg

Pretty :censored2:ty IMO.

LarryBird

Not precisely.

What I believe my post conveyed, was that he's a writer of limited abilities, who has managed to parlay those abilities into vast, untold wealth, despite the fact that he's nowhere near any serious reader's list of the best writers they've encountered.

Stephen King has made a living off writing books for people who don't know any better, and that's great. America! :censored2: yeah.

I'll grant you, he's had a few good ones, and some people would even wrongly call them classics. But these were long ago, most of his recent work has been :censored2:, and even the best of his writing will never be considered in the same breath as the great American novels/novelists by anyone who knows better.

Hope I clarified that for you.

LarryBird

Stephen King may not be everyone's cup of tea...LarryBird on the other hand better not quit his day job...
I believe I uttered almost this exact thought in the original post, he, and through quoted response, you, referenced above.

So we're in agreement.