Trump's Economy!!!!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What it tells you is that there's more stock on the market than interested bidders. Stock prices go up because people bid them up on the speculation that their performance and earnings will improve.
But you see no reason why IPO over the last 6 months would be a terrible measuring tool?

rickyb

I don’t deal with big corporations.... so yes they do. There are several capitalists that live on my block, not one corporation. There are 57.9 million people with small businesses.
this is not a good time for small business.

but i have to go to the beach and walk the dog.

bbsam

Staff member
Recessions happen. Obama, the fed and all their free money, the tax cuts, blame whatever you want. They've all had their part in the severity of what we will see.

Look at the chart in the article I linked. We've done nothing but go from huge boom to huge bust for the last 2 decades. A number of people hold the blame for that.
That’s simply not true. Under Obama there was small but constant growth with minimal inflation. We were out of the boom and bust cycle with a 1.5 to 2% growth. Along came Trump spouting off about 4 and 5% growth and bam!! We’re back into boom and bust acting like it’s normal. It shouldn’t be and it doesn’t have to be.

bacha29

IPO's are more about hype than real market value.
Some traders use it as a measurement of the outflow of capital from equities and into fixed income. Not the only measurement of future economic trends but worth paying attention to especially given that Uber and AirB&B are waiting deciding on when is the best time to go public. It's all based on confidence in the prospects for a growing economy and an increasing number of equity investors are beginning to have their doubts.
If fact a few traders believe that we will test new lows at the end of next week.

moreluck

golden ticket member
It hasn’t done much since though, apart from pay a dividend.

There was a time when you were guaranteed to be a multimillionaire. Luckily you married one of those people.
When I married him he worked at a Sunoco filling station! Then he worked at Massey-Ferguson. Then he worked at Firestone Tire. Then he got on at UPS as a driver.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
That’s simply not true. Under Obama there was small but constant growth with minimal inflation. We were out of the boom and bust cycle with a 1.5 to 2% growth. Along came Trump spouting off about 4 and 5% growth and bam!! We’re back into boom and bust acting like it’s normal. It shouldn’t be and it doesn’t have to be.
act

Sportello

When I married him he worked at a Sunoco filling station! Then he worked at Massey-Ferguson. Then he worked at Firestone Tire. Then he got on at UPS as a driver.
And then after 30 days he became a supervisor and then after a year he became a manager. I know how it was back then. Too bad he and you don’t have the souls you sold.

It was so great that the fed was giving out free money and talking about possible negative interest rates.