Votes: 3 2.8%
  • i trust no one but myself

Votes: 78 72.2%
  • i think I has all the answers, and should lead ups to the future

Votes: 7 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Andorian440

I only trust the ones I've made friends with outside of work. I would never trust a manager, because sometimes they are instructed by their boss to screw people over.

over9five

Staff member
I've always thought it's a weird question:

Do you trust your supervisor?

Trust him for what? Are you going to tell him the combination to your safe? When someone asks if you trust your sup, I always want to know "trust him how??"

I think it is more important to know where he stands, know what he expects, know what kind of a guy your gut tells you he is. Maybe it's more important to just like the guy. I like my supervisor. Hell I like the whole management team here in Feeders, they're a professional bunch just doing the job. I liked my sup back in Package too.

Maybe it's all the same thing. Maybe a lot depends on your own attitude. Be a professional and be treated like one. Professional drivers dealing with professional supervisors.

Maybe we should also ask "Does your supervisor trust you?"

Raw

Raw Member
i thought i would post this poll as an indication of the trust factor at ups.

your thoughts?

d
I trust no one . I just brought in a shop steward to discuss an issue I had the day before with my on road supe and I ended up giving them both a piece of my mind. :dissapointed:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

Trust him for what? Are you going to tell him the combination to your safe? When someone asks if you trust your sup, I always want to know "trust him how??"

I think it is more important to know where he stands, know what he expects, know what kind of a guy your gut tells you he is. Maybe it's more important to just like the guy. I like my supervisor. Hell I like the whole management team here in Feeders, they're a professional bunch just doing the job. I liked my sup back in Package too.

Maybe it's all the same thing. Maybe a lot depends on your own attitude. Be a professional and be treated like one. Professional drivers dealing with professional supervisors.

Maybe we should also ask "Does your supervisor trust you?"
I know where they stand and what my gut tells me about em. They are "the machine", and have no concern for me humanly. It's all about them, and that's it. Oh, and I would tell them this to their faces and have previously.

BURMDPsupe

I only trust a selected few, both hourly & management, that have earned my trust. Trust is complex, but deep down your gut tells you who can/can't be trusted.

M-

moreluck

golden ticket member
"Originally Posted by over9five

Remember George & Bosco ??

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

IMO the most revealing poll result was the 1.98% of the 101 who voted who said that they trust the the Teamsters has their best interests in mind. Even more revealing was that 300% had more trust in LP than in the Union.

helenofcalifornia

Wish I could trust any people at work, but bottom line, you are your own final line of defense. Don't count on anyone to come to your assistance in time of need (and hopefully you will stay out of those types of situations), and keep a log of daily events on your route. That is the only thing that might save you. The Teamster management where I work fight amongst themselves, the UPS management at our center doing no thinking on their own anymore, and the drivers, while all nice individuals, cannot be trusted to "have your back" when it counts. Sad, but true. Isn't it this way at most jobs these days? I don't think UPS is any different than other big corporations. We are just a number that they wish could be easily replaced. Unfortunately for them, the contract makes that a little more difficult. And I really am a "glass half full" type of person, I just understand the realities of the workplace and accept it for what it is.