Computershare

Red Headed Stranger

At the beginning of the 4th Quarter, 2023, I elected to have $25.00 per pay withheld under the DESPP (Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan.) By the end of December, I had $300.00 withheld under DESPP. As of today, when I log on to Computershare, it indicates "You have no accounts in your portfolio. Shouldn't the stock purchase that took place in January, 2024 be showing by now? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

MattM

Are you logging into the correct ups computershare website? Sometimes it takes you to the generic computershare website. Make sure your little logo you created is correct

Have you logged in recently before this week? Any issues?

Others are correct. The accumulated quarter amounts got bought on 12/31. It takes a few weeks but by mid January the computer share website should show what you ended up purchasing. It does for me.

I’m assuming the $300 you mention is what you see on your paycheck via the deduction area (for the last paycheck of the year, and then the ytd resets).

I’ve personally never had issues once I actually got going

I did have issues initially upon enrollment. Is it possible you missed the deadline. You can’t initially enroll mid quarter and get in for the 3 month cycle. It’s possible you missed the end of 2023 qrt. What does your enrollment page look like when you go to ‘amend’?
One would have needed to enroll a few weeks before the new quarter to get in for the quarter.
Enrolling in early September may be enough time for the 10-12 quarter. But usually if that’s the case of missing the enrollment window there would not be paycheck deduction. You know you’re in once those deductions start. So that’s why I ask where you see that $300 figure at.

Last edited:

Red Headed Stranger

Are you logging into the correct ups computershare website? Sometimes it takes you to the generic computershare website. Make sure your little logo you created is correct

Have you logged in recently before this week? Any issues?

Others are correct. The accumulated quarter amounts got bought on 12/31. It takes a few weeks but by mid January the computer share website should show what you ended up purchasing. It does for me.

I’m assuming the $300 you mention is what you see on your paycheck via the deduction area (for the last paycheck of the year, and then the ytd resets).

I’ve personally never had issues once I actually got going

I did have issues initially upon enrollment. Is it possible you missed the deadline. You can’t initially enroll mid quarter and get in for the 3 month cycle. It’s possible you missed the end of 2023 qrt. What does your enrollment page look like when you go to ‘amend’?
One would have needed to enroll a few weeks before the new quarter to get in for the quarter.
Enrolling in early September may be enough time for the 10-12 quarter. But usually if that’s the case of missing the enrollment window there would not be paycheck deduction. You know you’re in once those deductions start. So that’s why I ask where you see that $300 figure at.
I enrolled in September, 2023 while the window was open for the 4th quarter. My last payroll check in December, 2023 shows $300 YTD for DESPP Regular ($25.00/week for 12 weeks). I may just have to give Computershare a call today and find out what the problem is. Thanks again for your response!

Red Headed Stranger

Thank you to everyone who responded to my need for help. I called Computershare today and they said I needed to login to:

Computershare.com/ups

I was logging in to Computershare.com and selecting "Investor Center" which was incorrect.

PoirotAtUPS

At the beginning of the 4th Quarter, 2023, I elected to have $25.00 per pay withheld under the DESPP (Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan.) By the end of December, I had $300.00 withheld under DESPP. As of today, when I log on to Computershare, it indicates "You have no accounts in your portfolio. Shouldn't the stock purchase that took place in January, 2024 be showing by now? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Computershare collects your funds over each quarter and then buys your shares after each quarter. You’re letting them hold your money interest free for as much as 4 months each quarter.

MattM

It’s tricky. I’ve been doing the Despp for awhile now. I’m barely above water thanks to the 5% discount. I’ve just been buying and as they say trying to average down. The buying at the end of each quarter is a bit rough when the stock is currently nearly $10 lower than the discounted price we got not even 60 days ago. We also bought in at like $220 something and $190 when those prices were at their peak for each of their respective quarters.

Frankly the 5% isn’t worth the losing out on truly averaging down and buying low. One could buy now via any number of commission free companies. By March 30th, there could be a huge rebound to $180 and these $138 low days would not be taken advantage of.

But CS is simple and mindless in a sense. The dividend isn’t a bad % at all. One needs to be super long for it to be worth it imho. Otherwise. Buy weekly on the dips like regular traders do and sell when it reaches a solid profit. The selling through CS isn’t so streamlined either. There’s a 18 month wait along with needing 100 shares to make it easier to process. Meanwhile using web/apps, you could be buying and selling daily with minimal fees.

It takes two weeks to process but one could try to time their purchasing price closer To when the quarter ends. I have some coworkers who mindlessly dump $100 each paycheck. Others try to do $200-$500 that second week before the quarter ends to time it. Or they’ll drop it down to zero so they aren’t paying too much for too many.

Last edited: