trying to find the right answer!

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by nrodz, Jul 2, 2014.

  1. nrodz

    nrodz New Member

    A couple of us cover drivers just got skip too go full-time from transfers out of state. I always understood you lose your seniority except for amount of vacations you have and maybe pay . Anyone know the answers ? Shop stewards here only look out for them selves but he said he would look into it but didn't know the answers. Heard he got transfer because of school. Lol don't see how that possible. Thanks guys.
  2. Dr.Brownz

    Dr.Brownz Well-Known Member

    They have to hire 1 transfer and 1 off the street hire for every 5 guys they promote from inside. Same deal where I am. They started a transfer last friday, while I am still a part timer who cover drives almost everyday.
  3. PiedmontSteward

    PiedmontSteward RTW-4-Less

    Are you saying some PT employees transferred out of state and won a FT driving bid ahead of you?

    This absolutely should not happen and needs to be grieved ASAP. If a PT employee transfers, their seniority is to be end-tailed for bidding purposes. Skip the steward and call your business agent before they make seniority in package or you're screwed.

    Even if they gave a hourly an "off the street hire," they would still have to quit and be re-hired. Those are done at a 6-to-1 ratio of current-to-off the street employees.
  4. Ouch

    Ouch Well-Known Member

    If it was a full time driver i believe he has to follow work. I can't see a part timer transferring to a full time position at another center unless it was a part time sup promoted to driver for their off the street hire. Listen to piedmont he has told you exactly what you need to do.
  5. UPSGUY72

    UPSGUY72 Well-Known Member

    How many of these transfers that got promote were there ??? What part of the country do you live in ??? Where these PTimers or FT drivers before they transferred ??? What was the reason for there transfer ????

    Why don't you read your contract and call your BA.