TU-SAT drivers forced in tomorrow - (Express)

SmithBarney

As many probably know when a holiday falls on a Monday, TU-SAT employees
normally(in all my years, quite a few) get The Tuesday off following a Monday holiday, several stations in our area are forcing, curious if this is happening elsewhere, doesn't seem to be any reasoning behind it, as typically volume is slow, and there is no known surge..

Jstpeachy

I can’t attest to the usual around my building as I’ve only been here 3 weeks but we have to work Tuesday. They told us prepare for heavy volume too, yay early start time lol

Edit: might make a difference but I’m pt preload drivers may be different here

dezguy

I can’t attest to the usual around my building as I’ve only been here 3 weeks but we have to work Tuesday. They told us prepare for heavy volume too, yay early start time lol

Edit: might make a difference but I’m pt preload drivers may be different here
Wrong forum, bud.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Over at ground, I'm guessing we'll be slammed...hopefully not too much iCs/ oversized boxes. Unless we're off Tuesday too

Felt sorry for the Amazon DSPs that were driving today

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
As many probably know when a holiday falls on a Monday, TU-SAT employees
normally(in all my years, quite a few) get The Tuesday off following a Monday holiday, several stations in our area are forcing, curious if this is happening elsewhere, doesn't seem to be any reasoning behind it, as typically volume is slow, and there is no known surge..

Stations have the option of giving the next day off or of having you come in.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Stations have the option of giving the next day off or of having you come in.
I have a question about something. Correct me if I’m wrong, but if someone is Tuesday-Saturday, and they work a lot of long Mondays, management can’t just change their OT day to Saturday to save on OT hours, can they?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I have a question about something. Correct me if I’m wrong, but if someone is Tuesday-Saturday, and they work a lot of long Mondays, management can’t just change their OT day to Saturday to save on OT hours, can they?
Not to say they wouldn't try, but Sunday and Monday are Scheduled Days Off, making them automatic overtime.

SmithBarney

If you come in on your scheduled day off it's automatic OT(assuming the rest of the week you haven't been late or otherwise meet the rules regarding OT) yes I've seen them cancel OT for being late.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

No. If OT is that big of an issue, they can change your work week to M-friend, give you an offer letter for it, and then ask for volunteers/draft as needed to cover the Saturdays. If Monday is your scheduled day off, you should be paid for working it as you would working any scheduled day off.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
No. If OT is that big of an issue, they can change your work week to M-friend, give you an offer letter for it, and then ask for volunteers/draft as needed to cover the Saturdays. If Monday is your scheduled day off, you should be paid for working it as you would working any scheduled day off.
No offense, but you're obviously not ops. SDR is the biggest staffing problem a station has. Volunteer/draft can't even keep it fully manned. FO routes were reworked to include SDR, still not enough.
But then I am speaking about the fastest growing (population) metro area in the U.S. NObody here is being converted from Tu-S to M-friend.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
That’s what I thought. They were pulling that at my station for months with the T-S people and I just heard about it last Saturday. I told the guy they couldn’t do that but wanted to verify.