Tuesday 08/01/2023

Brown Down

I would take my tractor back to my home terminal. If there's a picket line already, I'll park it on the street, and lock the keys inside.
If there's no line yet, I'll park it in it's usual spot
i would hope they would let you park it inside so you wouldn't get i trouble. Ups would probably get you for abandonment of company property if you parked outside.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
i would hope they would let you park it inside so you wouldn't get i trouble. Ups would probably get you for abandonment of company property if you parked outside.

They can’t fire you when you are strike…and you cannot cross a picket line even our own…

Brown Down

They can’t fire you when you are strike…and you cannot cross a picket line even our own…
That may be so but you but I have also seen where feeders would be told to return the vehicle to the home terminal. I would definitely want to talk to a Steward or ba before I would leave any ups equipment outside the property. Namely what is considered home terminal, etc
Now honestly if it was me it would be parked to where it was inches inside the property with keys locked in it. That's their responsibility to now move it where they want.

Thebrownblob

That may be so but you but I have also seen where feeders would be told to return the vehicle to the home terminal. I would definitely want to talk to a Steward or ba before I would leave any ups equipment outside the property. Namely what is considered home terminal, etc
Now honestly if it was me it would be parked to where it was inches inside the property with keys locked in it. That's their responsibility to now move it where they want.
Definitely refer to your local on these issues

DriverNerd

Always protect company assets. It's been proven in court that you cannot put employers property at risk on purpose. I can't imagine anyone on the strike line looking down at a sleeper that had to work an extra day just to get home.

But I'd agree I wouldn't put it anywhere else but on property parked on a pad and secured. Let them move it from there to whatever door they want.

Last edited:

Johney

Always protect company assets. It's been proven in court that you cannot put employers property at risk on purpose. I can't imagine anyone on the strike line looking down at a sleeper that had to work an extra day just to get home.

But I'd agree I wouldn't put it anywhere else but on property parked on a pad and secured. Let them move it from there to whatever door they want.
I would think that if there is any idea that there is a strike exactly at August 1st they wouldn’t send any sleeper teams out.

RetiredIE

Retirement is VASTLY underrated
Any idea what to do if your regular shift start at 7 pm and end next day.
Feeders run.
Unity now till is over!!! Teamsters united!!!.
The rule is that you must be verbally informed by a company management person that you are officially on strike. Be sure to ask for a written confirmation notice from the management person who informs you. At that point, return your vehicle to its starting point and clock out. Until then, you must keep working. Rules are rules...

Alternatively, you could ask your Union rep for guidance. Either way works....good luck!

ManInBrown

They probably won't send the runs out.
They won’t. As much as it seems it’s the union vs the company and it is. it’s really corporate. Building level mgmt knows exactly what is going on and they get it. They won’t send the jobs out on Monday that start after a certain time. 2pm would be my guess. I bet you if someone wanted to work where I am, dispatch would tell them to go home.