Turtle

What would u do?

• Total voters

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Well, one of my customers finally laid down an asphalt~blacktop driveway and as i was driving up to their home i spotted what at first what i've thought was a rock

20160607_150541.jpg

I did the right thing... guess which one on the poll

Attachments

• 20160607_150541.jpg
    20160607_150541.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 301

overflowed

TURTLE STEW RECIPE

1/4 lb chopped bacon
meat of two turtles, cut into bite-sized pieces
1/2 c. flour 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

4 cups beef broth
2 carrots, sliced
4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 medium onions, chopped
28 oz can diced tomatoes
2 tsp thyme
1 tsp marjoram
salt and pepper to taste

Cook bacon in stew pot until done, remove bacon and set aside. Pour off grease except for 3 or 4 tablespoons.

Rinse turtle pieces in cold water. Drain, dredge in flour seasoned with salt and pepper. Brown turtle pieces slowly in bacon grease over medium heat.

Add 4 cups beef broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until turtle is tender and can easily be removed from bone. Remove turtle. Allow to cool until meat can be handled.

Stir bacon, carrots, potatoes, onions, tomatoes and spices into stew pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until vegetables are done. Remove meat from bones. Cut into chunks across grain. Stir into pot. Simmer additional 15 minutes. Taste stew, adjust seasonings as desired.

SmithBarney

Having been in this situation before, I'd stop and get out and move it...that was until one of those turtles tried to bite me... now I just straddle it, or go around it.

BootsOnTarmac

Since the turtle is in the driveway and could be the owners "pet" I would stop and put it in the grass. Many times I have safely stopped at the side of the road and put them out of harms way. Most have been snapping turtles. Watch out they have long a** necks and stink really bad, wear gloves and watch out for the Piss!

McFeely

Huge Member
Having been in this situation before, I'd stop and get out and move it...that was until one of those turtles tried to bite me... now I just straddle it, or go around it.

Be careful when you straddle it, if he gets ahold of your hang-down you'd be a hurtin' mess.

dex 84

If you do want to help the turtle make sure you get it to the side it was trying to go to before you rolled up. If not it'll just try to cross the street again after you leave.

Turtles aren't stupid, they know where they're going, they're just too slow to get there fast. Traveling at that speed wasn't so dangerous before all these people started putting roads everywhere and driving cars down them. Don't forget that the turtles were here first.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
i've stopped a set of doubles on a 2 way highway, put the flashers on to remove a huge tumbleweed. do the same for a turtle. have run over dogs. dear, squirrels and just about anything else ( except horses, cows , and bulls, err people too. ) cause if you swerve or brake too hard you could be dead.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

i've stopped a set of doubles on a 2 way highway, put the flashers on to remove a huge tumbleweed. do the same for a turtle. have run over dogs. dear, squirrels and just about anything else ( except horses, cows , and bulls, err people too. ) cause if you swerve or brake too hard you could be dead.

You stopped a full set of doubles at highway speed to move a tumbleweed out of the road?

You need to stop posting as you have just lost what little credibility you may have had.

BootsOnTarmac

Since a tumbleweed does not have flashers, and they get really big, the prudent move was to remove it to prevent less experienced drivers from freaking out causing an accident. I'm sure olroadbeech made the right decision under the prevailing circumstances.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
DSC_0005(1).JPG

Update, it's still alive! Sure, I used a weather bag as gloves and move him / her aside yet again... better picture diss time