Tyler B speaks...

Poop Head

Judge me.
This virus should be a wake up call to fatties everywhere.
Last week, I was in a larger (income restricted) apartment building. Walked in, popped a stop off close to the entrance, and started for the elevator. Got around the corner, and the elevator door was closing, and could hear someone frantically pushing the door close button.
Walked up to third floor, out of the stairwell, and a little ways down the hall, there she was. 350+ lbs, knees caving inwards, waddling as fast as she could with the mail and amazon pkg (from post office) in hand. I just stayed back, walked real slow, and watched which apt she went in.
"You just signed your own death warrent" i thought to myself.

a911scanner

What supplement? I'm in Central Region. Day after Thanksgiving is still PH, but we are demanded to work anyway.

One thing I would like to see is sick days that we can break up individually instead of an extra vacation week in lieu of, but I can see the benefits of both.

It's so odd to me that there is so many differences between the local agreements, but I accept that it is what it is.

What'dyabringmetoday???

What supplement? I'm in Central Region. Day after Thanksgiving is still PH, but we are demanded to work anyway.

One thing I would like to see is sick days that we can break up individually instead of an extra vacation week in lieu of, but I can see the benefits of both.

It's so odd to me that there is so many differences between the local agreements, but I accept that it is what it is.
Upstate/West New York. It is still a "holiday" for the Buffalo folks.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I'm glad you finally agree- crap agreement negotiated by crap "leaders".

That's not what I said.... but, I can roll with it.

Member involvement, is a major factor. Our own @Bubblehead is proof of that.

I'm not saying that's how it is where "you are" but it is here.

I get it.

For years, @UpstateNYUPSer bragged about your pension and how he

was going to be living "high on the hog" with $5500.00+ a month for a

mere 30 years of service.

I repeatedly questioned the sustainability of that fund, paying that amount.

Turn's out.... I was right.

-Bug-

What'dyabringmetoday???

That's not what I said.... but, I can roll with it.

Member involvement, is a major factor. Our own @Bubblehead is proof of that.

I get it.

For years, @UpstateNYUPSer bragged about your pension and how he

was going to be living "high on the hog" with $5500.00+ a month for a

mere 30 years of service.

I repeatedly questioned the sustainability of that fund, paying that amount.

Turn's out.... I was right.

-Bug-
Trust me- it was questioned by some of us as well. Our former president was a trustee on the fund and our current president took his spot. Of course you know what it is like trying to reason with an "elected leader". Their best plan was to bury their head as far into some sand as possible and then everything would be fine. Now, the company is allowed to do as they please because they are paying in almost 90% of the fund each month. Sorry if I seem jaded at times. It's not rosy everywhere...

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Trust me- it was questioned by some of us as well. Our former president was a trustee on the fund and our current president took his spot. Of course you know what it is like trying to reason with an "elected leader". Their best plan was to bury their head as far into some sand as possible and then everything would be fine. Now, the company is allowed to do as they please because they are paying in almost 90% of the fund each month. Sorry if I seem jaded at times. It's not rosy everywhere...

I appreciate you explaining that.

-Bug-

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It was roughly 76% when I retired-------has it gone up since then?

RealPerson

Some people don't want the $40 an hour. They want to stay SAFE, want to keep their families Safe. $40 an hours isn't crap if you or your family member dies. I didn't know they were asking for $1000 a day, seems a little much, but if you have to work in this when people can stay home and get as much as they were making (Jobs he talked about) (Where I am at I believe they said $600 on top of normal Unemployment) I believe you should get some sort of Hazard pay.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
It was roughly 76% when I retired-------has it gone up since then?

Are you sure about that ?

"At the time of approval, it was the third multiemployer fund to receive approval for benefit reductions, and is the largest to date. As of Jan. 1, 2017, the plan was 37.8% funded, with $1.28 billion in assets and $3.39 billion in liabilities."

New York Teamsters retirees sue U.S. for approving pension cuts under MPRA

I could be wr..., wr..., mistaken but I believe the number was higher.

"More specifically, the Plan's actuary determined that the Plan's funded percentage is 65% or less and the Plan is projected to have an accumulated funding deficiency within the next four years."

https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/fi...rs-conference-pension-and-retirement-fund.pdf

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

"At the time of approval, it was the third multiemployer fund to receive approval for benefit reductions, and is the largest to date. As of Jan. 1, 2017, the plan was 37.8% funded, with $1.28 billion in assets and $3.39 billion in liabilities."

"More specifically, the Plan's actuary determined that the Plan's funded percentage is 65% or less and the Plan is projected to have an accumulated funding deficiency within the next four years."

https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/fi...rs-conference-pension-and-retirement-fund.pdf

I was talking about the percentage of the fund contributions, not the percentage of the fund itself. UPS is by far the largest contributor to this pension fund------it was 76% at the last union meeting before I retired.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Yeah- talking about the percentage of the fund that UPS carries. UPS pretty much funds our mismanaged (thank you Teamster leaders) pension fund. Yes- there are trustees from companies but for some reason, UPS is not allowed a seat at the table. Hate to always have this disagreement, but I'd trust my retirement a little more if the people funding it had a say in how it is managed. Please don't pretend the Teamsters are amazing money managers- '97 strike pay?

specter208

Last week, I was in a larger (income restricted) apartment building. Walked in, popped a stop off close to the entrance, and started for the elevator. Got around the corner, and the elevator door was closing, and could hear someone frantically pushing the door close button.
Walked up to third floor, out of the stairwell, and a little ways down the hall, there she was. 350+ lbs, knees caving inwards, waddling as fast as she could with the mail and amazon pkg (from post office) in hand. I just stayed back, walked real slow, and watched which apt she went in.
"You just signed your own death warrent" i thought to myself.
This isn’t something to joke about.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Yeah- talking about the percentage of the fund that UPS carries. UPS pretty much funds our mismanaged (thank you Teamster leaders) pension fund. Yes- there are trustees from companies but for some reason, UPS is not allowed a seat at the table. Hate to always have this disagreement, but I'd trust my retirement a little more if the people funding it had a say in how it is managed. Please don't pretend the Teamsters are amazing money managers- '97 strike pay?
Upstate? That scab never stood on the strike line.
He went and worked another non Union job, abandoning his coworkers.

Last edited: